• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top candidates for NEW Athletic director

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I want the new AD to say somehting like the following

USF wants to compete at the highest level in every sport in which we participate, and I've been hired to make that happen.

Now, I know we're not where we want to be. Neither in team performance nor in fund-raising.

I've spoken with every coach and every player, and they're all on notice that they must raise the bar on their performance. And we must raise the bar in recruiting high quality students who can also be top-level athletes.

We don't look to UF as our model, we look to Stanford.

I've also spoken with every one of our fund-raising staff and operations staff, and they are all on notice to raise their game as well.

I have set a very high fundraising goal of $XXX,XXX,XXX.00 to compete and complete.

We WILL compete at the highest levels, and we WILL complete the athletic village.

This includes an OCS for football with huge lots for alumni tailgating, and Olympic quality tennis, T&F, and swimming & diving centers. It is incomprehensible that a major Florida university does not compete and win at the highest level in aquatic sports.

USF's goal is to become THE destination school for everyone that wants to study, grow, and compete in the state of Florida, and across the land.

I am now going to speak to each of our alumni, and put THEM on notice to step up and make USF truly into what we all know it should be. NUMBER ONE.

Go Bulls!

:D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Days Won:  12

I'd buy in

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Thebullspen.com as new AD for USF. Majority vote wins. We all think we know what's best for USF football so why not.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Thebullspen.com as new AD for USF. Majority vote wins. We all think we know what's best for USF football so why not.

Think?

We all KNOW what's best.

:D

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Thread should be titled Your Opinon For AD because that's all we seem to have here. I was hoping for a list by someone either in the loop or at least a respected reporter. Or at least a time line for the finalists list release.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

If Joey Knight is a respected reporter he has listed his opinion:

The search is on

Potential USF AD candidates

Craig Angelos, USF executive senior associate athletic director: Highly experienced, including Florida Atlantic AD from 2003-12.

Pat Chun, Florida Atlantic AD: Before arriving at FAU in 2012, spent 15 years at Ohio State.

Tony Dungy, author, former NFL coach, current NFL analyst for NBC: An ex-Buc in this role is not unprecedented.

Rob Higgins, Tampa Bay Sports Commission executive director: Enterprising Bulls alumnus is deft in pulling off major projects.

Greg Phillips, IMG Academy vice president and athletic director: Previously associate athletic director at Oklahoma and Florida State.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/for-usfs-woolard-the-time-to-retire-is-right/2161630

Not sure it's a lot better, but there you have it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Optimism is necessary, to be sure, but more important is accountability.

"Get the job done, or I'll find someone who will."

Needs to be said to everybody from the AD on down to the lowliest walkon in Quidditch.

:guinness:

ðŸ»

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nicely said charsibb, I'd buy in.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think we need to make a goal of having a consistent top 25 program. Do that and the rest will come. We are in a fertile place for football. Tampa will come if we have a winner. They came in 2006-10 didn't they? We have favorable out of conference schedules to make it happen. We just need to win.

I am now going to speak to each of our alumni, and put THEM on notice to step up and make USF truly into what we all know it should be. NUMBER ONE. Go Bulls! :D
Doing my part. I teach a workshop annually at UCF because I am the best at what I do. You know I'm reppin' USF while I do it.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Nicely said charsibb, I'd buy in.

I, myself, wouldn't. But then I play for a different reason. When I play, I play for the enjoyment of the game itself. Winning is secondary. If I was AD however, I would not run my department that way.

One story - once in Kobe Japan I heard about a local group of foreigners that got together to play Ultimate. I like to play too, so went out to watch and maybe join them. The first time someone dropped the disc, 4 or 5 people surrounded them and got all in their face. This team wasn't playing for fun, they wanted to win the Japan Cup. Different goals, so I kept to myself and just watched.

I think Doug may have been satisfied with coaches who just "love the game" more than they wanted to win.

Jim wanted to win and overachieved, Skippy loved the game and underachieved, as have most USF sports.

For our next AD, I want the school to take a new, more aggressive direction. I want an AD that wants to win, and will visibly and openly display their passion, energy, and commitment to make that happen. I want the visionary leader, not the competent manager. First we need to BELIEVE we can punch above our weight class, then we need to DO it.

Just my $0.02