• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top candidates for NEW Athletic director

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,030
  • Days Won:  469

We had the bay area and the some of the nation not too long ago.  A sold out RJS.

You can't piss that away should it ever return again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

We had the bay area and the some of the nation not too long ago.  A sold out RJS.

We may not see that again. Those days have already been pissed away. I love your optimism, but I am not counting on getting back to that point again. No way we get to #2 again. The college football system is now even more rigged for the non power 5 to get ranked that high.  We will just have to happy with AAC titles and bowl wins,. Maybe get an access bowl invite. But there is no way we can get into that 4 team playoff. You will have the BIG 12  and ACC battling for that 4th spot so you can bet the other non power 5 are out of the question. 

We may not see that again. Those days have already been pissed away. I love your optimism, but I am not counting on getting back to that point again. No way we get to #2 again. The college football system is now even more rigged for the non power 5 to get ranked that high.  We will just have to happy with AAC titles and bowl wins,. Maybe get an access bowl invite. But there is no way we can get into that 4 team playoff. You will have the BIG 12  and ACC battling for that 4th spot so you can bet the other non power 5 are out of the question. 

I don't give a crap about the #2 ranking.

We had a program that had a chance to really break through.  We can not get mired in being the local team playing in the ACC AAC.

People believed what Leavitt was selling and it paid off, and he worked hard.  And we saw measurable improvement across the board in our Athletics, despite Woolard (in that era at least).

We need an AD, maybe it is alum Higgins, that has a similar belief that we can be something other than UCF USF.

You, would be disqualified immediately.  :) You need to believe it can be big time.  And it needs more than big salaries and extensions.  A dream, a vision. and the energy to see it through.

Optimism is needed; not being content with relegation to the minor leagues. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Optimism is necessary, to be sure, but more important is accountability.

"Get the job done, or I'll find someone who will."

Needs to be said to everybody from the AD on down to the lowliest walkon in Quidditch.

• Upvote 1

Needs to be said to everybody from the AD on down to the lowliest walkon in Quidditch.

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Preach on Bulls Brother,  We need more people to buy into this philosophy. Not the old /current  "It is what it is"   or the "settle" mentality.    

We settle we wont ever improve.  Culture needs to change and everyone needs to buy into it or be cut lose.  Its contagious just like winning and losing.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

So Willie needs to be fired?

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

Jim McVay

From 1982-1986, Jim McVay served as the Director of Marketing for the Tampa Bay Bandits of the United States Football League. During that time, he devised the marketing strategies for the most innovative and fan-friendly product in the entire league. Today, McVay serves as the President/CEO of the Outback Bowl, one of the most popular and successful games of the college bowl season

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So Willie needs to be fired?

I'm magnanimous.

I'll give him til halftime of his next game.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I think we need to make a goal of having a consistent top 25 program. Do that and the rest will come. We are in a fertile place for football. Tampa will come if we have a winner. They came in 2006-10 didn't they? We have favorable out of conference schedules to make it happen. We just need to win.