• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your daily reminder we could have had Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Petrino would have failed miserably here and been gone within 2 years

In the world of home remodeling, this is a total gut job....tear it down to the foundation and build it back up. This requires more than a coat of paint and some new carpet and that's all Petrino would do and he would be gone in a couple of years once the big schools feel he has rehabed his image.

CWT has been part of this type of rebuilding before, as an assistant at Stanford and as a head coach at WKU, and he will do it here.   It's just going to take patience and time.

I agree 100% with you.  Holtz is the equivalent mold infestation he put this program back 5+ years.  USF football will need to be built up from the ground and it will take awhile.   CWT has done it before and can do it again. 

If a year and a half of bad football (actually just one year but I won't quibble) put this program back 5 years, we were in a lots worse shape than most imagined ...

I guess we are technically back 3 years.  Only reason Holtz had any success the first year is he had

good players from the CJL years.  As Holtz lost his CJL players his team got worse with time.  

It will be atleast three years before we are back to winning our usual 8-9 games or more a year. 

This year is going to be ugly.  Buckle up

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Rather go at it with Coach T (some one with local ties, who has done it before and of good character)  than Petrino who is a Douche bag. Peterino would be here 2- 3 years at the most,  would run at the first opportunity, or quit.  We would have a team full of Bad characters.     

Coach T is a class act with a hard work mentality.    Stay on the Bus  Bulls fans, Give the man some time to fix this mess.   Once he does the reward will be much sweeter.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

That's good news for Taggart's players.  Let's start getting winners back into this program and the rest will work itself out.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I feel like we would have lost this game w holtz anyway. The way we were projecting, this was the next lowest of lows. We just can't turn it around that fast, and thus Taggart has to bear the brunt of a loss he only had so much control over.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

That is all.

Petrino wouldn't last more than one half on our sidelines. The moment he realizes that USF plays down the street from the Mons he would hand over his headphones to an assistant and spend the second half sliding dollars into a dancers thong.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

What would be different with Petrino?

Pass.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

That is all.

Petrino wouldn't last more than one half on our sidelines. The moment he realizes that USF plays down the street from the Mons he would hand over his headphones to an assistant and spend the second half sliding dollars into a dancers thong.

Bad Grandpa style?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We could have Mike Leach for the same price we're paying Skip not to coach us.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

That is all.

No thongs at Mons... Just a community service bulletin.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

I would much rather have Willie T.

• Upvote 1