• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your daily reminder we could have had Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The fact of the matter is no one knows what a Petrino coached USF team would have done.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I really doubt it would matter we still have a mentaly weak team that caves easy.  I think same thing would happen for

Petrino.  

CWT built from the trash heaps WKU into the team Petrino has now.

Petrino has it much easier than CWT at this time. 

I would agree with this completely.  The team Taggart left for those that followed had seen the depths and had been lifted from it.  The had been coached by a tough, no-nonsense coach who's expectations were high.   Skip Holtz left him a team, coddled to the near depths,  with only a small step left to take down.  Congrats USF football, you have now officially plumbed the depths of FBS.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

This is all timing and circumstance .. and not a comment on Willie Taggart. Back when we fired Jim Leavitt, if we would have fired him either mid season or immediately after the bowl game, instead of Skip Holtz, we would have hired Charlie Strong. We would have viewed him as a great fit, and he would have taken the job in a heartbeat.

I'm still confident in the future, but that is the what if I keep asking.

By the way, I don't want Bobby Petrino. How many jobs does he have to either screw up or screw over before people stop hiring him. (Louisville, Atlanta Falcons and Arkansas all wouldn't want him back)

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This is all timing and circumstance .. and not a comment on Willie Taggart. Back when we fired Jim Leavitt, if we would have fired him either mid season or immediately after the bowl game, instead of Skip Holtz, we would have hired Charlie Strong. We would have viewed him as a great fit, and he would have taken the job in a heartbeat.

By the way, I don't want Bobby Petrino. How many jobs does he have to either screw up or screw over before people stop hiring him. (Louisville, Atlanta Falcons and Arkansas all wouldn't want him back)

He's a very, very good college football coach. Taggart is not on Petrino' level as a football coach...yet

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

That is all.

Petrino wouldn't last more than one half on our sidelines. The moment he realizes that USF plays down the street from the Mons he would hand over his headphones to an assistant and spend the second half sliding dollars into a dancers thong.

No thongs at Mons... Just a community service bulletin.

Lol

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Taggart is the right man for this job

I have no doubt about it

He's an athlete, he whooped our ass a few years ago ON THE FIELD, and he has a record of turning programs around

He has the right ideas, you just need to give him the time he deserves to do his job

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Plus he should recruit circles around Petrino in Florida

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

He's a very, very good college football coach. Taggart is not on Petrino' level as a football coach...yet

Have to remember also that this is only CWT's 4th year as a hc ....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I have no doubt about it

He's an athlete, he whooped our ass a few years ago ON THE FIELD, and he has a record of turning programs around

He has the right ideas, you just need to give him the time he deserves to do his job

On top of that he's a local guy and might stay even if he's extremely successful here.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I have no doubt about it

On top of that he's a local guy and might stay even if he's extremely successful here.

hope you're right