• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your daily reminder we could have had Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I really doubt it would matter we still have a mentaly weak team that caves easy.  I think same thing would happen for

Petrino.  

CWT built from the trash heaps WKU into the team Petrino has now.

Petrino has it much easier than CWT at this time. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

So petrino schools an sec team with taggarts players. And we have the worst loss in college football history with taggart coaching skips players (mostly).

What does that tell you?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

Petrino would have failed miserably here and been gone within 2 years

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

In the world of home remodeling, this is a total gut job....tear it down to the foundation and build it back up. This requires more than a coat of paint and some new carpet and that's all Petrino would do and he would be gone in a couple of years once the big schools feel he has rehabed his image.

CWT has been part of this type of rebuilding before, as an assistant at Stanford and as a head coach at WKU, and he will do it here.   It's just going to take patience and time.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Thank God Dr. Genshaft and Mr. Woolard have better sense then to sell the integrity of USF to a person with no moral character than Petrino.I would tell you to do some reading on integrity and leadership. Petrino knows nothing about either.

I agree with you. Petrino is a great coach but what message would it send if we had hired him? Especially with the CJL issue still burning. Good for Petrino and good for WKU. We'll be fine without him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

Full faith in Willie T

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Full faith in Willie T

I agree, I think he will turn things around. Weed out the lazy losers, bring in people that want to win.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

In the world of home remodeling, this is a total gut job....tear it down to the foundation and build it back up. This requires more than a coat of paint and some new carpet and that's all Petrino would do and he would be gone in a couple of years once the big schools feel he has rehabed his image.

CWT has been part of this type of rebuilding before, as an assistant at Stanford and as a head coach at WKU, and he will do it here.   It's just going to take patience and time.

I agree 100% with you.  Holtz is the equivalent mold infestation he put this program back 5+ years.  USF football will need to be built up from the ground and it will take awhile.   CWT has done it before and can do it again. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

I agree 100% with you.  Holtz is the equivalent mold infestation he put this program back 5+ years.  USF football will need to be built up from the ground and it will take awhile.   CWT has done it before and can do it again. 

If a year and a half of bad football (actually just one year but I won't quibble) put this program back 5 years, we were in a lots worse shape than most imagined ...