• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your daily reminder we could have had Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

McMurphy reporting 7yr $24.5million

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

I personally think it's a great hire myself. He's back in a Power Five conference and he paid his penance for his Arkansas mess. UCF hired O'Liar and are now reaping the benefits of giving an individual a second chance. I would have hired Petrino in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. When it comes down to it, it's about winning games. We can preach a holier than thou attitude on the board, but witnessing another 2-10 season would be downright demoralizing. We are falling quicker to the land of the abyss where only non-power five teams reside. May USF RIP.

But wouldn't you agree that if we had hired him instead of Taggart that we would be in the same position as WKU and looking for a new coach again this year?  Can't believe he would stay at USF if L'ville had come calling.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

McMurphy reporting 7yr $24.5million

$10 million buy out if Petrino decides to bolt. Not sure what UofL commitment is.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He called Louisville his "destination job."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10268012/louisville-cardinals-hire-bobby-petrino-football-coach

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

IMO, regardless of what Petrino may or maynot have done here, he would have bolted the first chance he got to a school in one of the Gang of 5 conferences. Should Coach T rebuild this program, he will do the same. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I personally think it's a great hire myself. He's back in a Power Five conference and he paid his penance for his Arkansas mess. UCF hired O'Liar and are now reaping the benefits of giving an individual a second chance.

Big difference in the UCF situation is that UCF would never have gotten a coach with GOL's credentials without his screwing up. L'ville is in a lot better position and shouldn't have gone after a sleaze like Petrino. Here's a pretty good read about the situation by Mandel.  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/bobby-petrino-louisville-tom-jurich-mandel/

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I personally think it's a great hire myself. He's back in a Power Five conference and he paid his penance for his Arkansas mess. UCF hired O'Liar and are now reaping the benefits of giving an individual a second chance.

Big difference in the UCF situation is that UCF would never have gotten a coach with GOL's credentials without his screwing up. L'ville is in a lot better position and shouldn't have gone after a sleaze like Petrino. Here's a pretty good read about the situation by Mandel.  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/bobby-petrino-louisville-tom-jurich-mandel/

Good article - pretty scathing in regards to Jurich, and you know what?  I can't really disagree. 

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10268012/louisville-cardinals-hire-bobby-petrino-football-coach

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigeast/2006-07-13-louisville-petrino_x.htm

That's from July 2006, when Petrino signed the 10-year deal (which was Petrino's idea) with the $1 million buyout (which was Petrino's idea) because "Louisville is home" (Petrino's words). Six months later, Tom Jurich was left searching for a new coach because Petrino bolted. Amazing that Petrino can say this **** with a straight face, and amazing that Jurich can actually sit there and listen to it. They both look like fools.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Exactly. Anything about his character suggest that he wouldn't O'Leary himself to get a job he wanted?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

WKU was 8-4 this past season and didn't go to a bowl game.

You'd have to believe that was because of having Petrino as the head coach.