• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your daily reminder we could have had Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Petrino quit with what 3 weeks left in the season?  So, if he stayed for 3 more weeks and left those assistant coaches families would have been in a significantly different situation?

I totally understand the situation being a very difficult one to endure.  I've been in a similar situation when a Sr. VP of engineering at a company left and they decided to relocate the engineering group to a different location 1600 miles away.  It sucks, but if I had 3 more weeks before it happened, it still wouldn't have made it any better.

He left 3 weeks early and left an upper decker in each one of those assistant's homes.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Cool, you got one more.  Congrats!

you have no clue who interviews for jobs . all you have is message board speculation just like the rest of us.

Learn to read. I didn't say he never interviewed for other jobs, just that he doesn't get mentioned.

mentioned by who? an internet blog or newspaper?

just because it's not on the internet or in a newspaper doesn't mean he isn't being "mentioned" by those that do the hiring.

interviews are far more impressive than being "mentioned" anyway and none of us know who ADs bring in for interviews.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Petrino quit with what 3 weeks left in the season?  So, if he stayed for 3 more weeks and left those assistant coaches families would have been in a significantly different situation?

I totally understand the situation being a very difficult one to endure.  I've been in a similar situation when a Sr. VP of engineering at a company left and they decided to relocate the engineering group to a different location 1600 miles away.  It sucks, but if I had 3 more weeks before it happened, it still wouldn't have made it any better.

Did he notify everyone via a message he left on your desk in the middle of the night a few hours before skipping town? And did he leave less than a year after signing a long term contract? And did he do the exact same thing at his previous job, except with even more lying? And then get fired from his next job for being a dishonest dickhead?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then it is not at all comparable. This isn't an isolated incident, and I don't know why people continue trying to make it one. This is who Bobby Petrino is.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

you have no clue who interviews for jobs . all you have is message board speculation just like the rest of us.

Learn to read. I didn't say he never interviewed for other jobs, just that he doesn't get mentioned.

just because it's not on the internet or in a newspaper doesn't mean he isn't being "mentioned" by those that do the hiring.

interviews are far more impressive than being "mentioned" anyway and none of us know who ADs bring in for interviews.

I would say in most cases, the ones getting hired for coaching jobs are mentioned somewhere in press or in internet blogs, and these days it's not a secret who teams interview.  

There's a reason McGee isn't a HC somewhere. 

I would say in most cases, the ones getting hired for coaching jobs are mentioned somewhere in press or in internet blogs, and these days it's not a secret who teams interview.  

There's a reason McGee isn't a HC somewhere. 

of course they're mentioned after they get hired.

most of what you are alluding to is speculation none of which is reliable. anonymous sources and such. Gruden going to Notre Dame, blah blah blah.

ADs do not make public who they interview. if it's no secret who teams interview then please list all the coaches that Texas brought in for interviews. or Oregon. you can't. please don't link some blog that quotes anonymous sources. or that they tracked a flight from Austin to some far flung place where some coach was met in some airport bar. I'd like a quote from the AD listing people he actually brought in.

there is a reason Magee isn't a head coach and it's because he hasn't been offered a job he is willing to accept yet. what a dumb statement.

I guess anybody that hasn't been promoted to a head position in any industry yet doesn't have the ability.

fact is the guy coached local high schools. was on USFs first ever staff, has his graduate degree from here, has run multiple top 10 offenses that include both passing and rushing, was nominated as assistant coach of the year and won RB coach of the year in 2012 when nominated by coaches and ADs. he would have been a good fit. just because you don't have a clue about what goes on doesn't mean he isn't a capable coach.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Does McGee actually call the plays for Rich Rod?

Does McGee actually call the plays for Rich Rod?

yes Magee has for sometime.

it's a moot point though.

not sure why some want to denigrate a former coach and fellow USF grad.

this from an article speculating that he could be up for OC at Texas

Unlike other protégés we've profiled, Magee has been calling plays in RichRod's offense for a long time so there probably shouldn't be a whole lot of concern whether he could do it on his own.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2014/1/9/5293446/lets-talk-oc-ii-more-offensive-coordinator-candidate-profiles

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No one is denigrating McGee, something you don't seem to be able to grasp. Not one time have I said he is incompetent, or a poor coach, etc.

You've already proven your inability to read and/or analyze a statement for correct meaning, so the fact you you seem to think my factual statements about McGee not being mentioned for HC jobs is a denigration is not surprising in the least.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This thread kills me with the seeming certainty that some other coach could have done better than CWT. We can play fantasy all day, but at the end of it CWT is still the coach. Sit back, relax, and have a cold beverage. Bulls ver. 2014 is building, and Carnac is dead...

Carnac.jpg

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I've been mainly skimming, but has anyone said that another coach would have done better than Tags this season?

I conjectured that Petrino would have done a similar job as Tags based on Petrino's similar results at WKU.

I've seen a lot of conjecture that people could have out preformed Skip, but I'm almost brazen enough to say I could have done better than Skip.