• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Trip, if you read my original post saying that if no one separates from the group then I would play White. The 2 posts are related.

Apis, hard to argue with your point of view. Like we all agree, CWT will do what he thinks is best. UNLESS he calls me. :)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If no one separates themselves from the group, you pick one, grit your teeth and hope for the best. If they screw up too much, yank 'em and put the next one in. Don't play White unless the three elder QBs haven't thrown a TD pass in the first three games. That's just me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, if you read my original post saying that if no one separates from the group then I would play White. The 2 posts are related.

Yeah, looking back, I see that original post .... but if I'm reading that correctly, you're saying they could all be better than White but none head and shoulders above the other two so start White?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209224409

“No one really stood out and did exceptionally well over the others and no one did particularly poor either,†quarterbacks coach Nick Sheridan said. “I thought they all did some good things and they’ll keep working and competing. No decision will be made off last night’s scrimmage.â€

Taggart again dismissed the possibility of a two-quarterback system during the season and said the main thing he’s looking for is consistency before make a decision that could come at any time.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, looking back, I see that original post .... but if I'm reading that correctly, you're saying they could all be better than White but none head and shoulders above the other two so start White?

IMO, it's more beneficial to the program to have White with a year if game speed rather than a year of "practice" squad speed. It boils down to how far ahead of him are they? If it's close and just a matter of being comfortable with the offense, then let him the show in game one. Of course as far as we know Tommy Eveld could emerge as the starter.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I disagree.  With two sophomores and a redshirt freshman already in the mix, unless he's better than all three of them, you redshirt him to help spread out your QBs.  Give him another year to learn the playbook without the pressure of games.  Next year is when he get's his playing time.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Game experience is important. For this reason I think Eveld wins the job although CWT knows he has a ceiling and was hoping someone else would impress him enough to take the job. Apparently that hasn't happened yet.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, I think that Eveld will eventually win the battle all being equal due to more game time.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't really think it is important to know who the "true" starter is until the Miami game.

If it is really as close as Taggart is saying publicly then I think all 4 get playing time against Mcneese.

My opinion is that because of experience only Eveld starts MSU with Bench or Floyd seeing equal time if no one has separated himself by then. I think going into game 3 we will know who the true starter is, but still see some split reps. Barring injury, game 4 is the man.

Having a true Freshman like White start the first game or even a big game like MSU is too intimidating. The first game of the year, even some veterans are like deer in the headlights.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

White isn't going to play, he is going to redshirt.  He clearly is #4 on the depth chart right now.  I still think Bench will do just enough to get the gig, but Floyd seems to be the other option.