• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Apparently Bench did pretty good in the scrimmage the other night. I think that bodes well for him. He will only grasp the offense better as the year goes on. Might as well put him in now.

This

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Think CWT would purposefully hold bench/white to start against MSU just so they don't have anything to study or would that be more detrimental to us not having any game time under their belts?

No. Different QB, same offense, there would be no advantage.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Assuming they want to redshirt White and then trying to assess the talent level of the other 3.  Am I the only one that thinks that neither Floyd or Eveld would have been good enough to be a backup at Penn State?  So my guess is that Bench is talented enough to start at USF but needs time to learn the system that Floyd and Eveld had a jump start on with spring practice.  I know he didn't play much but he was behind a pretty good QB up there. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Assuming they want to redshirt White and then trying to assess the talent level of the other 3. Am I the only one that thinks that neither Floyd or Eveld would have been good enough to be a backup at Penn State? So my guess is that Bench is talented enough to start at USF but needs time to learn the system that Floyd and Eveld had a jump start on with spring practice. I know he didn't play much but he was behind a pretty good QB up there.

I think you make a good point!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Assuming they want to redshirt White and then trying to assess the talent level of the other 3.  Am I the only one that thinks that neither Floyd or Eveld would have been good enough to be a backup at Penn State?  So my guess is that Bench is talented enough to start at USF but needs time to learn the system that Floyd and Eveld had a jump start on with spring practice.  I know he didn't play much but he was behind a pretty good QB up there. 

What makes u think Penn St has any more talent than USF. Hint. They don't. If USF had played PSU several times over the past 5-7 years they would have won their share.  UCF will probably beat them this year. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

What makes u think Penn St has any more talent than USF. Hint. They don't. If USF had played PSU several times over the past 5-7 years they would have won their share.  UCF will probably beat them this year. 

Since 2005 Penn St has won 8 or more games 7 out of 8 years, several of those being double digit win seasons. Their recruiting classes have consistently been much better or on par with ours. They have plenty of talent. If UCF beats them this year, its because they have a brand new unproven QB, just like us.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Why the worry over redshirting white? I think Taggart is going to land even better QB's over the next two years of recruiting. If he is the best option now  by all means use him. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Since 2005 Penn St has won 8 or more games 7 out of 8 years, several of those being double digit win seasons. Their recruiting classes have consistently been much better or on par with ours. They have plenty of talent. If UCF beats them this year, its because they have a brand new unproven QB, just like us.

I stand by my statement. USF would have defeated Penn St since 2006 or 7.  Forget about "name" of school. 

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I stand by my statement. USF would have defeated Penn St since 2006 or 7.  Forget about "name" of school. 

Well, in 2005, the PSU win against USF was vacated, so I guess that year was certain. As for the others, who knows, two of those years Penn St was a top 10 team end of year ranked team.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

People really need to watch coach interviews. Redshirtingdecisions come almost after the the fact. A little bit different than holtz run team. I think they have someone in mind for opnening day they just don't want anybody to know.