• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

USF's Willie Taggart said freshman RB Darius Tice looked strong in Tuesday's scrimmage. QB Steven Bench had long pass to WR Andre Davis.

Yeah! That's it! Competition OVER. Bench has already been more impressive than the two "veteran" quarter backs lol. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Can't see him burning White redshirt. More I think about it I think Bench is the guy. See what he has this year and then we'll know whether we stay with him or White in 2014.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'd be shocked if White plays

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You redshirt a player when there is an abundance of players better than him. Unless 3 people get a lot better within the next week or so, there will not be an abundance of players better than him. I don't know what's going to happen, but if he gives us the best shot to win, we will not see a redshirt.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'd be shocked if White plays

Racist

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

You redshirt a player when there is an abundance of players better than him. Unless 3 people get a lot better within the next week or so, there will not be an abundance of players better than him. I don't know what's going to happen, but if he gives us the best shot to win, we will not see a redshirt.

If he's head and shoulders above the rest he would play. He's obviously not right now based on Coach T.

We know what Eveld can do. We have seen a good amount of Floyd. That's why I think we let Bench be the man this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

You redshirt a player when there is an abundance of players better than him. Unless 3 people get a lot better within the next week or so, there will not be an abundance of players better than him. I don't know what's going to happen, but if he gives us the best shot to win, we will not see a redshirt.

Have there been training camp reports about him that I've missed? I totally agree that if he gives us the best chance to win, you play him but there's been absolutely nothing that we as fans have seen to corroborate that he's the best of the 4 ..... and I believe BJ was redshirted without an abundance of better players ahead of him.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You redshirt a player when there is an abundance of players better than him. Unless 3 people get a lot better within the next week or so, there will not be an abundance of players better than him. I don't know what's going to happen, but if he gives us the best shot to win, we will not see a redshirt.

Have there been training camp reports about him that I've missed? I totally agree that if he gives us the best chance to win, you play him but there's been absolutely nothing that we as fans have seen to corroborate that he's the best of the 4 ..... and I believe BJ was redshirted without an abundance of better players ahead of him.

BJ was redshirted in large part because Grothe was the firmly entrenched starter.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have been reading thru this thread wondering the very same thing. Has White gotten any reps with the first team yet? Yeah, obviously he's a CWT guy, but I'm not sure that CWT has given any serious thought to playing him with 3 other scholarship QBs on the roster.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'd redshirt a true freshman unless he was better than the top two QBs.  As mentioned, there has been nothing to indicate that he's there right now.