• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Agree with Hem. While I'm sure Coach T isn't thrilled with who he has, I have to hope/think that part of this is to try to light a fire under one of them these next couple days.

I have to think he sat down with one of these guys and explained he's tops but he really wants him to separate himself to win the job.

I took it as a final warning shot to the vets that if they dont step it up then hes going to roll with the guys that he brought in.

Im sure taggart wants to rs white. That would be ideal. But this is also the first guy taggart wanted. I mean, it was "hello usf" then, boom, offers mike white. This is taggarts guy. Idk where bench stands because all ive heard bout him is he rolled his ankle in a practice. But we have heard about specific plays mike white has made. I would give him the edge.

And im just gonna paraphrase what taggart wants to say: "floyd will hurt us more than help us. And eveld is flat out boring." That doesnt sound too good to me. The only knocks on white is he is a bit slender and hes a newbie. Question is: once he grasps enough of the offense, will taggart pull the trigger?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Agree with Hem. While I'm sure Coach T isn't thrilled with who he has, I have to hope/think that part of this is to try to light a fire under one of them these next couple days.

I have to think he sat down with one of these guys and explained he's tops but he really wants him to separate himself to win the job.

I took it as a final warning shot to the vets that if they dont step it up then hes going to roll with the guys that he brought in.

Im sure taggart wants to rs white. That would be ideal. But this is also the first guy taggart wanted. I mean, it was "hello usf" then, boom, offers mike white. This is taggarts guy. Idk where bench stands because all ive heard bout him is he rolled his ankle in a practice. But we have heard about specific plays mike white has made. I would give him the edge.

And im just gonna paraphrase what taggart wants to say: "floyd will hurt us more than help us. And eveld is flat out boring." That doesnt sound too good to me. The only knocks on white is he is a bit slender and hes a newbie. Question is: once he grasps enough of the offense, will taggart pull the trigger?

Good points i didn't think about. However, I still don't think Taggart will throw a freshman with hardly any experience and only a month of college coaching into the fire. I really think its Floyd vs Bench.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Preach.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Have to wonder if some of those guys who committed/decommitted and never came here will look back after this season and realize they'd probably have secured the starting QB job by week 3.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If Eveld hasn't clearly been better then I don't want him. We'll be back in this situation again next year. RS White, roll with Floyd or Bench, and lets go. I know he doesn't want to platoon but go ahead and platoon Bench and Floyd against Mcneese. Have them alternate series.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685

Surprised no one has made themselves a clear best choice.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

I say scrap Eveld he is gone next year anyways. Put Bench, Floyd, or even White in week 1 and roll with one. They all have at least 3 years left at USF. This is a rebuilding team and year. Hopefully by next year , whoever it is, will know the system and this won't be an issue again. Just my 2 pennies.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If the two vets are even, I'd think you'd go with the younger one to give him the experience.  Unless White is head and shoulders better than the vets and Bench, you redshirt him.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Pretty sure eveld will start.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

If we want to win FB games, boring is a lot better than infuriating or a guy who doesn't get the offense. I'm surprised to say it, but I think it's still looking like Eveld--at least to start the season.