• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,409
  • Days Won:  13

I don't really think it is important to know who the "true" starter is until the Miami game.

If it is really as close as Taggart is saying publicly then I think all 4 get playing time against Mcneese.

My opinion is that because of experience only Eveld starts MSU with Bench or Floyd seeing equal time if no one has separated himself by then. I think going into game 3 we will know who the true starter is, but still see some split reps. Barring injury, game 4 is the man.

Having a true Freshman like White start the first game or even a big game like MSU is too intimidating. The first game of the year, even some veterans are like deer in the headlights.

He said no QB by committee 2 days ago so he is picking a starter. Now if its a disaster, he may change it.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

It's not a final decision once he names a starter, of course, but Taggart has consistently said he doesn't like any system of rotating QBs during a game. Given that, not sure how you guys are on page 4 of a thread titled "QB by committee."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

BJ was redshirted in large part because Grothe was the firmly entrenched starter.

BJ was not initially redshirted his freshman year.  He played (mostly wildcat and mop up) during the first 5 games in 2008 before injuring his wrist.  USF then requested and was granted a medical redshirt for BJ.  He played all 5 years here.  

Edited by Bulls Are We

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's not a final decision once he names a starter, of course, but Taggart has consistently said he doesn't like any system of rotating QBs during a game. Given that, not sure how you guys are on page 4 of a thread titled "QB by committee."

Because we're collectively smarter than Coach? :D

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,409
  • Days Won:  13

Come on Greg, you know why, its TBP. Plus I think many are thinking of how since Andre Hall its been RB by committee, which is totally different, of course. But mostly, its TBP mentality. They should rename the USF mascot to Bulldogs.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Greg, seriously, how long have you been around? We are the kings of off topic

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

...not sure how you guys are on page 4 of a thread titled "QB by committee."

You must have missed our 236 page realignment thread?  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

In my defense, I tried to end this thread on my first post lol

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

I disagree.  With two sophomores and a redshirt freshman already in the mix, unless he's better than all three of them, you redshirt him to help spread out your QBs.  Give him another year to learn the playbook without the pressure of games.  Next year is when he get's his playing time.

Apis - I think you mean a senior, redshirt sophomore, and a true sophomore

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I disagree.  With two sophomores and a redshirt freshman already in the mix, unless he's better than all three of them, you redshirt him to help spread out your QBs.  Give him another year to learn the playbook without the pressure of games.  Next year is when he get's his playing time.

Apis - I think you mean a senior, redshirt sophomore, and a true sophomore

Yep, oops.  With that said, if Eveld and Floyd are equal, I'd start Floyd.