• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB by committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

It's not a final decision once he names a starter, of course, but Taggart has consistently said he doesn't like any system of rotating QBs during a game. Given that, not sure how you guys are on page 4 of a thread titled "QB by committee."

Plenty of meat on that bone. Later we'll make soup.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

No Floyd. I would rather have no big plays no mistakes from Eveld and run the Ball and play good defense. Floyd will just put the defense in bad situations.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

No Floyd. I would rather have no big plays no mistakes from Eveld and run the Ball and play good defense. Floyd will just put the defense in bad situations.

You don't know that, football players evolve, especially at this stage of development. If he was a 10 year vet in the NFL, you aren't changing his play style but at this point of his career you can't determine his current game play based on things that happened last year, only on what you actually see him doing right now.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I disagree.  With two sophomores and a redshirt freshman already in the mix, unless he's better than all three of them, you redshirt him to help spread out your QBs.  Give him another year to learn the playbook without the pressure of games.  Next year is when he get's his playing time.

Huh? Eveld is a Senior, Floyd is a RSoph and Bench is a Soph.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

Apparently Bench did pretty good in the scrimmage the other night. I think that bodes well for him. He will only grasp the offense better as the year goes on. Might as well put him in now.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I disagree.  With two sophomores and a redshirt freshman already in the mix, unless he's better than all three of them, you redshirt him to help spread out your QBs.  Give him another year to learn the playbook without the pressure of games.  Next year is when he get's his playing time.

Huh? Eveld is a Senior, Floyd is a RSoph and Bench is a Soph.

Already admitted my mistake above

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I think it is going to be Floyd.  Most talented QB but inconsistent and coaches will beat him until he gets it thru his head not make TOs.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

On a side note:  I think it is great that a true freshman is even in the mix.  It give me hope for the future.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The "committee" part may come in a game-to-game fashion. I don't think CWT will rotate in-game unless he has to. But until we get a solid player at the position, and as long as these guys are all close to the same level, I think it will remain up for grabs in the season. Got to get the chemistry right before settling on who takes over the team for the season.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Think CWT would purposefully hold bench/white to start against MSU just so they don't have anything to study or would that be more detrimental to us not having any game time under their belts?