• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Smart asses? Or dumb asses?

Smart asses ... the dumb asses are the ones ..... nevermind.  B)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Never seen so many Bulls fans forget the i in UCiF....

Assumption is that they are all Bulls fans. Many on here are not.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I don't want to blog about it, I want to get something done about it. I was hoping that Brad would reach out to whatever the UCF biggest forum is to get a consensus on it and then approach the two schools administrations and alumni associations. I was hoping someone with connections with the Admin would offer to contact them to get interest started in this. Maybe look for a corporate sponsor. Yeah, lots of jackass responses but there were also some that risked being ridiculed who said they were interested, so I am not the only one.

This is a chance for some tradition at USF, and for the TBP to maybe be a part of it. You look at all the existing trophies and some group somehow related to the school originates it. 100 years from now don't you think it would be cool for there to be a Wikipedia entry about the award and the idea originating from a group of USF fans on TBP forum? This is a chance for TBP to be a part of history of the football team if we are successful in getting this trophy made and have it become part of the game at the end. I think that Aresco would welcome it as two member schools trying to help the image of the conference, acknowledging the rivalry of the two schools through a grass roots effort that who knows, may generate some media attention. This could be just like the UF/Miami Seminole War canoe, awarded only during the time that the two programs play and if that stops the last winner keeps it. Something those two schools were fighting over years after their yearly game was no longer played.

Bottom line is I wish some of you would grow up and look beyond trying to be funny, realize where USF is at right now and that some tradition (just like an OCS) is a good thing and will help the program grow. And years later when USF is a powerhouse it will be part of its rich past, just like all these other schools have that USF wants to someday be like with their OCS and storied rivalries.

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,761
  • Days Won:  3

Is there not some seal-of-approval traditions committee in existence at USF (didn't I read something about painted murals in a garage or something)? I would track that down and present the idea to that committee. Look, bottom line is that the board is long on talk, short on action. We show up, jaw at one another because there's no expense or risk involved. If you're really honest-to-god serious about planting the seed for this...the board is NOT the way to go. Get in touch with that 'Traditions' organization at USF (I dunno, is it just students? an offshoot of student guv'mit?). 

Here's that thread I was thinking of....

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/91248-tradition-vote-on-blackboard/?hl=garage#entry1152656

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

I don't want to blog about it, I want to get something done about it. I was hoping that Brad would reach out to whatever the UCF biggest forum is to get a consensus on it and then approach the two schools administrations and alumni associations. I was hoping someone with connections with the Admin would offer to contact them to get interest started in this. Maybe look for a corporate sponsor. Yeah, lots of jackass responses but there were also some that risked being ridiculed who said they were interested, so I am not the only one.

This is a chance for some tradition at USF, and for the TBP to maybe be a part of it. You look at all the existing trophies and some group somehow related to the school originates it. 100 years from now don't you think it would be cool for there to be a Wikipedia entry about the award and the idea originating from a group of USF fans on TBP forum? This is a chance for TBP to be a part of history of the football team if we are successful in getting this trophy made and have it become part of the game at the end. I think that Aresco would welcome it as two member schools trying to help the image of the conference, acknowledging the rivalry of the two schools through a grass roots effort that who knows, may generate some media attention. This could be just like the UF/Miami Seminole War canoe, awarded only during the time that the two programs play and if that stops the last winner keeps it. Something those two schools were fighting over years after their yearly game was no longer played.

Bottom line is I wish some of you would grow up and look beyond trying to be funny, realize where USF is at right now and that some tradition (just like an OCS) is a good thing and will help the program grow. And years later when USF is a powerhouse it will be part of its rich past, just like all these other schools have that USF wants to someday be like with their OCS and storied rivalries.

Slick, I admire your passion.  I have a similar passion but not for a War On I4 rivalry with a team like UCF.  But, I encourage you to utilize the platform here to marshall all the support you can.  You don't need my agreement.  A blog might help.  A thread.  Whatever you need.  The board has been home to a number of grassroots efforts over the years.  Take it and use it towards the goal.  It is fine with me.  Maybe others come around at some point (as indicated).  Go get 'em.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

100% with you slick!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Trophy.

YES

or

NO

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357