• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Ok let me try this again how about one of these bad boys for the trophy?

i-42.jpg

That can either go somewhere on the trident, or be a sheild to accompany the trident.

This...and it has to be all old and crusty.  Keep track of history on the back.  Winner keeps it for a year.  Kind of like the "bucket of nails"

I like this idea... how about have a scaled down I-4 sign on a bronze or silver pole, mounted to a concrete looking grante base. There are two I4 signs with a pole in the middle. One sign is green and gold with a fancy USF logo on it, and the other sigh is black and gold with a UCF logo on it.

The winners can be listed on the base of the trophy on small brass plates, and the trophy has a USF and a UCF side. Each victory is listed on the base of the trophy of the victor, and to save space winning streaks should be combined and listed on one brass plate. (i.e. 2013-2020 etc.). USF victories are listed on the USF side, and UCF victories are listed on the UCF side.

When the trophy fills up, the brass plates are removed and placed on a I4 shapped wooden sign in the trophy room.

My issue with the War on I10 trophy is that it creates a new glass trophy every year. I don't know if you guys have seen our trophy room lately, but I don't believe that we will have the room to store an ass load of 12 inch Sonic War on I4 trophies.

We need a more traditional trophy, like other college rivalry trophies, that are passed back and fourth between the schools.

I like!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Sorry, Florida, Miami was for the war canoe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Canoe_Trophy   The Florida Cup three way is ONLY GIVEN in the years all 3 teams play each other. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Cup

The Florida Cup is awarded to the winner of the round-robin between the three Florida schools.[2] Thus, the cup can only be awarded during years in which all three teams play against one another.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think this series needs a trophy, UF vs FSU doesn't have a trophy.

FSU/Miami has the Seminole War Canoe. UM/UF/FSU play for the Florida Cup, one of two three-way awards, the other being the Commander In Chief Trophy given between the military academies.

Link? ... and how can you have a three-way award when 2 of the teams don't play each other??

Still trying to figure out why a trophy is needed. If you need a clever name, trophy, and marketing pitch, that's because the game doesn't sell itself. So if you truly believe USF-UCF is or will be a real rivalry, this shouldn't concern you.

I get that some don't understand tradition. But what I can't understand is why they have to piss on those of us that do.

I think plenty understand tradition but understand it's not something forced, or rushed into existence, like what you're trying to do NOW ...

The link is www.google.com. And obviously there are some on here that don't think its forced. You don't speak for EVERYONE.

LOL ... Neither do you. That's the beauty of this place ... and I did use Google to find out the war canoe wasn't FSU/UM, it was UF/UM and was retired in 1987 ... but Google couldn't tell me who won the Florida Cup in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 or what the trophy is for the biggest rivalry in the state UF/FSU. Can you help me out?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Still trying to figure out why a trophy is needed. If you need a clever name, trophy, and marketing pitch, that's because the game doesn't sell itself. So if you truly believe USF-UCF is or will be a real rivalry, this shouldn't concern you.

Here's a list of 118 rivalry trophies. That's a lot of marketing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:College_football_rivalry_trophies_in_the_United_States

I don't think this series needs a trophy, UF vs FSU doesn't have a trophy.

FSU/Miami has the Seminole War Canoe. UM/UF/FSU play for the Florida Cup, one of two three-way awards, the other being the Commander In Chief Trophy given between the military academies.

Link? ... and how can you have a three-way award when 2 of the teams don't play each other??

I get that some don't understand tradition. But what I can't understand is why they have to piss on those of us that do.

I think plenty understand tradition but understand it's not something forced, or rushed into existence, like what you're trying to do NOW ...

The link is www.google.com. And obviously there are some on here that don't think its forced. You don't speak for EVERYONE.

LOL ... Neither do you. That's the beauty of this place ... and I did use Google to find out the war canoe wasn't FSU/UM, it was UF/UM and was retired in 1987 ... but Google couldn't tell me who won the Florida Cup in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 or what the trophy is for the biggest rivalry in the state UF/FSU. Can you help me out?

I posted a correction. But the point was that the big schools have had and do have trophies between each other. The history of the Florida Cup, a round robin for the years the three play, results are here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Cup

Edited by slick1ru2

Trip, UF and Miami were still fighting over the War Canoe in 2011.

In 2011, the UF Student Government approved a resolution, which was sent to UM student body president Christina Farmer, ESPN and the head football coaches at each school, requesting the War Canoe's return to UF since they had won the 2008 contest. In response, Brandon Mitchell, president of UM's Category 5 spirit club, replied: "The War Canoe was intended for the yearly rivalry and . . . Miami won the final game of that yearly rivalry." The Trophy remains at the University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame.[6]

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Trip, UF and Miami were still fighting over the War Canoe in 2011.

In 2011, the UF Student Government approved a resolution, which was sent to UM student body president Christina Farmer, ESPN and the head football coaches at each school, requesting the War Canoe's return to UF since they had won the 2008 contest. In response, Brandon Mitchell, president of UM's Category 5 spirit club, replied: "The War Canoe was intended for the yearly rivalry and . . . Miami won the final game of that yearly rivalry." The Trophy remains at the University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame.[6]

I think Miami should keep it. I like their response to UF. 

I posted a correction. But the point was that the big schools have had and do have trophies between each other.

Except there's not one for the two biggest rivalries in the state of Florida, and the country, currently underway, UF/FSU and FSU/UM ... Maybe Florida's just not meant to be a trophy state.

Here's a list of 118 rivalry trophies. That's a lot of marketing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:College_football_rivalry_trophies_in_the_United_States

Not very widespread marketing ... Out of those 118, maybe 5 or 6 trophies that are known to the casual college football fan?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

I'll hold out for the state-supported Florida Cup - that makes more sense.

Marketing gone wild.