• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

I think we're in a different age.

If we arent going to force tradition, let's not force a rivalry. If it happens it likely is good for at least one of the teams - as is the case now for Miami (OH).

I am not sure why you think its forced. Because USF has won 4 games? If UCF wins the next four do you think that USF fans won't want revenge or UCF fans won't be gloating? This has all the makings of a young rivalry.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/taggart-says-usf-ucf-rivalry-good-for-all/2133954

Taggart says USF-UCF rivalry good for all

Taggart said he likes facing UCF every year as a conference rival.

"I think it's good for the state when you have something like that, good for both universities, to go out and compete against someone you don't like too well," he said. "It's always good to compete and have rivalries. I think that's what college football is all about."

taggart is secure and doesnt have a giant ego

smart guy

play orlando school is good for our program

when we stopped our program went into the toilet

dominating them was great for our program

HOW DUMB TO STOP!!!!!   THAT was the beginning of the end

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

I can't come to terms with the idea that we'll be on their level indefinitely.

What if THEY get invited to a P5 conference?

Then we get together and have a pity party, but yeah, that would certainly fix the worry about them being on our level wouldn't it? :wahhing:   

if orlando got invited to big boy table usf should drop football

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

UCF alumni here and as we all know the week is finally here. Ultimately I just hope that we have a good game and having family/friends who are alum of USF I do hope that fans (at the stadium) of both sides can keep it classy and enjoy the game as it should be enjoyed. 

After reading through the thread I can totally understand how same may feel that there is no call for the term 'rivalry' and given our past games where we have been dominated, I can also sympathize with USF choosing to make it so that we no longer played. Back in the day, if we beat USF, it was a huge jump kick for us but in the end it was only you guys who had something to lose (given your records and being in a better conf.) so that makes sense. As it stands now though, given the fact that we are in the same conference and both located in Central Florida I think it would be nice to have some kind of, even if not official, rivalry to look forward to each you when we face off. The season, as I am sure you can agree, has not gone as either sides I am sure expected ( I for one was not expecting UCF to be where it is now but am stoked) and figure that if anything, we can start a new tradition to look forward for in the future. I understand that in your minds UCF is not the same as UM/FSU but with our push now and with what I presume will be better recruitment for UCF  hopefully it can grow to be some sort of rivalry that everyone can enjoy. 

Have a happy Thanksgiving and looking forward to a nice turn out and great game on Friday. Charge On!

Edited by BrewSauce

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UCF alumni here and as we all know the week is finally here. Ultimately I just hope that we have a good game and having family/friends who are alum of USF I do hope that fans (at the stadium) of both sides can keep it classy and enjoy the game as it should be enjoyed.

After reading through the thread I can totally understand how same may feel that there is no call for the term 'rivalry' and given our past games where we have been dominated, I can also sympathize with USF choosing to make it so that we no longer played. Back in the day, if we beat USF, it was a huge jump kick for us but in the end it was only you guys who had something to lose (given your records and being in a better conf.) so that makes sense. As it stands now though, given the fact that we are in the same conference and both located in Central Florida I think it would be nice to have some kind of, even if not official, rivalry to look forward to each you when we face off. The season, as I am sure you can agree, has not gone as either sides I am sure expected ( I for one was not expecting UCF to be where it is now but am stoked) and figure that if anything, we can start a new tradition to look forward for in the future. I understand that in your minds UCF is not the same as UM/FSU but with our push now and with what I presume will be better recruitment for UCF hopefully it can grow to be some sort of rivalry that everyone can enjoy.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and looking forward to a nice turn out and great game on Friday. Charge On!

Definitely a rivalry now.

FSU-UM are not rivals, never will be, probably not for either USF or UCF. They have no reason to hate us like we hate each other.

I'll be on campus tailgating for sure, i hope the horror stories of your fans are wrong, not sure if I'll go inside yet.

• Content Count:  10

After reading through the thread I can totally understand how same may feel that there is no call for the term 'rivalry' and given our past games where we have been dominated, I can also sympathize with USF choosing to make it so that we no longer played. Back in the day, if we beat USF, it was a huge jump kick for us but in the end it was only you guys who had something to lose (given your records and being in a better conf.) so that makes sense. As it stands now though, given the fact that we are in the same conference and both located in Central Florida I think it would be nice to have some kind of, even if not official, rivalry to look forward to each you when we face off. The season, as I am sure you can agree, has not gone as either sides I am sure expected ( I for one was not expecting UCF to be where it is now but am stoked) and figure that if anything, we can start a new tradition to look forward for in the future. I understand that in your minds UCF is not the same as UM/FSU but with our push now and with what I presume will be better recruitment for UCF  hopefully it can grow to be some sort of rivalry that everyone can enjoy. 

Quality post.

After reading through the thread I can totally understand how same may feel that there is no call for the term 'rivalry' and given our past games where we have been dominated, I can also sympathize with USF choosing to make it so that we no longer played. Back in the day, if we beat USF, it was a huge jump kick for us but in the end it was only you guys who had something to lose (given your records and being in a better conf.) so that makes sense. As it stands now though, given the fact that we are in the same conference and both located in Central Florida I think it would be nice to have some kind of, even if not official, rivalry to look forward to each you when we face off. The season, as I am sure you can agree, has not gone as either sides I am sure expected ( I for one was not expecting UCF to be where it is now but am stoked) and figure that if anything, we can start a new tradition to look forward for in the future. I understand that in your minds UCF is not the same as UM/FSU but with our push now and with what I presume will be better recruitment for UCF hopefully it can grow to be some sort of rivalry that everyone can enjoy.

FSU-UM are not rivals, never will be, probably not for either USF or UCF. They have no reason to hate us like we hate each other.

I'll be on campus tailgating for sure, i hope the horror stories of your fans are wrong, not sure if I'll go inside yet.

I was simply making my statement based on previous posts while being respectful at the same time but I whole heartedly agree with you. I honestly cannot stand UM nor their fans (based on personal experiences) and we [uCF] really have nothing to hate about FSU as of yet so USF would be an obvious rivalry that I would like to see become a tradition. I know it is a young one and as I mentioned before, in the past, UCF having the chance to play USF was more of a bonus for our team and more of a "we def need to win this so our season isn't tarnished for loosing against them" scenario for you guys. 

As for the tailgates, also, I mentioned I have both family and friends who are alum of USF and have heard stories of issues in the past but having been a season ticket holder and seeing other away fans tailgate/enjoy the game without issues I am hoping it goes the same with you all. As it stands now, most undergrads probably have no knowledge of the games of the past and are probably looking at USF in the same light that they do FIU/FAU (not comparing them to you at all just saying). Now, if you wish to make the most of it, I would try and avoid setting up shop in Memory Mall as that is where most, if not all, of the current students, frats/sororities, etc tail gate and if you stick around one of the garages closer to the stadium you should be able to have a great time with little to no issues outside of some heckling which, I am sure you know, will always be warranted :)

Thank you for your reply and heres to a good game! cheers and Charge on!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I was simply making my statement based on previous posts while being respectful at the same time but I whole heartedly agree with you. I honestly cannot stand UM nor their fans (based on personal experiences) and we [uCF] really have nothing to hate about FSU as of yet so USF would be an obvious rivalry that I would like to see become a tradition. I know it is a young one and as I mentioned before, in the past, UCF having the chance to play USF was more of a bonus for our team and more of a "we def need to win this so our season isn't tarnished for loosing against them" scenario for you guys.

As for the tailgates, also, I mentioned I have both family and friends who are alum of USF and have heard stories of issues in the past but having been a season ticket holder and seeing other away fans tailgate/enjoy the game without issues I am hoping it goes the same with you all. As it stands now, most undergrads probably have no knowledge of the games of the past and are probably looking at USF in the same light that they do FIU/FAU (not comparing them to you at all just saying). Now, if you wish to make the most of it, I would try and avoid setting up shop in Memory Mall as that is where most, if not all, of the current students, frats/sororities, etc tail gate and if you stick around one of the garages closer to the stadium you should be able to have a great time with little to no issues outside of some heckling which, I am sure you know, will always be warranted :)

Thank you for your reply and heres to a good game! cheers and Charge on!

Will be tailgating with some UCF friends so where ever they set up, I'm just along for the ride. It won't be the last, looking forward to many.

• Upvote 1

Great game Bulls! Way to close for comfort thats for sure. I hope that all that came to Orlando enjoyed the tailgate/game and we look forward to playing you guys next year. Have a great holiday season and new year.