• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Ummm no

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

nope

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This may sound off, but I don't feel like I need a rivalry. I don't feel the need to hate one team more than the other based upon proximity..

I just want us to play as many P5 schools and beat them. Conference games already have a trophy if you win them

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't care either way.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

As has been mentioned, a lot of the best rivalry games don't have trophies.  I don't think the Universities or AAC need to invest invest money just to force a bad trophy idea on the game.  If a good fan idea develops then we can adopt it.  

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

USF football does not have a rival.....we need one...EVERY OTHER SCHOOL THAT PLAYS FOOTBALL HAS AT LEAST 1 RIVAL...we need another school who sees USF as a rival...I think Louisville and WVU had potential but were seen as rivals more by us than them...Miami DOES NOT see us as a rival...neither does FSU or UF....so tell me what choices are out there...when USF and UCF played each other before, it worked well for both schools with sell outs or near sell outs for the games...I know after going to the 2006 game in Orlando and the 2007 game in Tampa, I truly do not like UCF fans or their team

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes

Either a shovel or an I-4 sign

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Trophy is not needed but with our proximity and the fact that student bodies are familiar with each other you are fooling yourself if you don't see this game being a rivalry and it will increase in one as we play more often and the game has more meaning.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Trophy is not needed but with our proximity and the fact that student bodies are familiar with each other you are fooling yourself if you don't see this game being a rivalry and it will increase in one as we play more often and the game has more meaning.

If I say "it's not a rivalry"...oh, a million times. Does that mean it's not a rivalry? If I say, "it is a rivalry" a million and one times, is it now a rivalry? I'd be willing to bet that this particular game garners more attendance, year in and year out, than does any other game on our slate at this moment in time. Miami may draw a crowd, and just like FSU last year, the majority of the stadium will be sporting the colors of the guest. And for a non-rivalry game we sure as crap do spend a lot of time and keyboarding effort discussing it. We have more in common with UCF than we  have differences. I think the reluctance to embrace the idea of a trophy stems from the thinking that a trophy is but one more component of cementing the position that this game is, indeed, a rivalry (even if it's in its infancy). Do we want a rivalry with FSU? How's 'bout Notre Dame? Georgia? Well, maybe when I'm long dead and running a worm farm and USF celebrates its 101st Football Anniversary, that may come to fruition. But for right now, and for the foreseeable future, this is as close to a rivalry as we're gonna see.  :FIREdevil:

As for the trophy, I don't care either way. But if you do want to follow through with this, it needs the USF  &  UCF  seals of approval. I think you might want to turn it over to the 'Traditions' committee and see if they have any interest...and let them either run with it or put the kibosh on it.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not ready to create a trophy. Maybe in four or five years if the schools stay at the same level.

Until there is stability in where realignment takes us. I am not thrilled with labeling this competitveness a true "rivalry".

What happens if we are fortunate enough to indeed get into the. Big 12 or ACC in the next couple of years and they stay back. We are back to teams being unevenly matched again. Does WVU and Marshall have a true rivalry? It is a big time in state game, but not really a rivalry. Are there any true rivalries with teams that are different levels?

For now we are. If it remains so then fine, sell the rivalry all out. For now, start building and promote it to build attendance and help the conference, but no trophy yet. Not until we know our long term fate.

• Upvote 2