• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Still trying to figure out why a trophy is needed. If you need a clever name, trophy, and marketing pitch, that's because the game doesn't sell itself. So if you truly believe USF-UCF is or will be a real rivalry, this shouldn't concern you.

Here's a list of 118 rivalry trophies. That's a lot of marketing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:College_football_rivalry_trophies_in_the_United_States

Not very widespread marketing ... Out of those 118, maybe 5 or 6 trophies that are known to the casual college football fan?

Because they aren't for the casual fan, its for the FANS OF THE SCHOOLS involved. And obviously, not all fans. But for those of us that want it, lets work on it. The rest of you can stop following the thread, you don't want it, got it.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I just hope the QB can figure out where the RB is gonna be for the hand off this year. Got really tired of watching BJ run into RB by Committee

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Anyone want to help me build a rivalry with FAU? It's a big one in my house since my wife went there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You just need a name and a trophy...BOOM! Rivalry established.

The "down I75 across route 80 and down I95" trophy? Or the "Southwest nonstop flight # ---''? The latter might be better. We could have some wings as a trophy and we have a built in sponsor.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,040
  • Days Won:  469

IMG-referee-flag.jpg

Piling on, 5 yard penalty.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The "down I75 across route 80 and down I95" trophy? Or the "Southwest nonstop flight # ---''? The latter might be better. We could have some wings as a trophy and we have a built in sponsor.

We could bronze Schnellenburger's pipe for a trophy.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Trophy I want USF fighting for is a conference championship Trophy and not some contrived PR driven trophy for an in conference opponent and neither does Dr. Quest, Jonny, Hadji, and Bandit.  :).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Because they aren't for the casual fan, its for the FANS OF THE SCHOOLS involved. And obviously, not all fans. But for those of us that want it, lets work on it. The rest of you can stop following the thread, you don't want it, got it.

A possible solution. It's obvious that you feel pretty strongly about this .... it's also obvious that it wasn't met with quite the rousing response you were hoping for, with a lot of smart asses, myself included, mucking this thread up. Brad recently posted about the ability for board members to start up their own blog here (see below). My suggestion would be to take that opportunity and try to get your message out there about getting this ball rolling if you're that Hell bent on it. Looks like you would have control over the content in case any knuckleheads wanted to continue piling on over there.

Running a blog here is free (and if/when advertising revenue returns, you might make a few nickels too) and easy to do.  Not that I am all that proud of it, but AstroBull, before moving on to Voodoo5 with other TBP alumni, started his blog at TBP when we supported a wordpress multi-blog community.

If you think you'd like to take a whirl, click the blog tab up top and set your blog up.  It's your content that you can autopost to the board and still retain control over on the blog.  Your magnificence is then controlled by you and not the 47,000+ pages of main board discussion.

You can run a blog on anything Bulls related or otherwise as long as it doesn't cross our Terms and Conditions or result in cheap and tawdry advertising.  If you are running a fantasy league for TBP members, perfect place for a blog.  If you are running a social organization - perfect.  If you are running an alumni chapter, this works.  If you are a non-pay site self-proclaimed recruiting guru - perfect.  Your blog will get views from thousands of Bulls fans, and others, throughout the football and basketball seasons.

One of the reasons I went to this message board software was to be able to provideblogs, galleries and chat.  The multi-user wordpress community was too unstable at the time with little to no support.  I think this can work out nice.  Start a blog, see if you are a success....feel free to delete if you are not.  :)

If you have any issues, let me know via email.

Brad, aka Bulliever

• Upvote 1

Smart asses? Or dumb asses?