• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Between the 2001 and 2005 game, Miami won all but one.

63605_Cincinnati_Miami_Ohio_Football_dis

I am just trying to look ahead. Aresco wants to make this a cornerstone game of the conference. Why not help him out?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

I think we're in a different age.

If we arent going to force tradition, let's not force a rivalry. If it happens it likely is good for at least one of the teams - as is the case now for Miami (OH).

I think we're in a different age.

If we arent going to force tradition, let's not force a rivalry. If it happens it likely is good for at least one of the teams - as is the case now for Miami (OH).

I am not sure why you think its forced. Because USF has won 4 games? If UCF wins the next four do you think that USF fans won't want revenge or UCF fans won't be gloating? This has all the makings of a young rivalry.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/taggart-says-usf-ucf-rivalry-good-for-all/2133954

Taggart says USF-UCF rivalry good for all

Taggart said he likes facing UCF every year as a conference rival.

"I think it's good for the state when you have something like that, good for both universities, to go out and compete against someone you don't like too well," he said. "It's always good to compete and have rivalries. I think that's what college football is all about."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

I'll wait patiently.

Trying to find two schools in the same athletic division AND conference this close geographically that aren't considered main rivals.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Do you think Cincinnati considers Miami (OH) a rival, or is it a glorified non-con, that has tradition and history?

That's a good point. 

Do you think Cincinnati considers Ohio State to be a rival? 

I wonder who Cinci considers to be a real rival....

Louisville is the biggest, Pitt is next. Miami is a big rival for old fogies like me. The younger generation want Ohio State the way we want Miami, to the same effect.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

maybe you could help the OP understand this. :D

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

And the current USF coach and the USF AD and the conference commissioner, the media, bloggers, fans on both sides, etc... Lots of explaining to do to many people. Ever think you are in the minority? Check back in a year when UCF is the nearest conference member and the numbers of students and local fans of each school going to games in every sport at the other;s facility is among the highest in the conference  due to proximity. And when UCF and USF start competing at every sport and start knocking the other out of the conference championship races, in huge numbers, at the opponent's venue,  that's just going to deepen it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

And the current USF coach and the USF AD and the conference commissioner, the media, bloggers, fans on both sides, etc... Lots of explaining to do to many people. Ever think you are in the minority? Check back in a year when UCF is the nearest conference member and the numbers of students and local fans of each school going to games in every sport at the other;s facility is among the highest in the conference  due to proximity. And when UCF and USF start competing at every sport and start knocking the other out of the conference championship races, in huge numbers, at the opponent's venue,  that's just going to deepen it.

Everything you're yapping about is in the future. Like Brad said, quit trying to force it. It will come if it's a big a lock as you think it is (and it probably will) ... It's been tried to be forced on us for a decade by the buttmunches over there and that's probably why the resistance from some here. If you feel that strongly, head over to their Rivals board and see if you can drum up somebody there to take your idea for the Silver Highway Cone Trophy and run with it NOW. Hell, the game is still 3 freaking months away. We, and they, have some awesome ooc games and the bulk of the conference to get through. You'll probably even find more support here as the game gets closer ...