• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UCF and us are carbon freaking copies of each other, and I for one welcome our new AAC brethren.

That is pretty much true. Both schools are around 50% lifetime winning percentages, so neither one has really lit it up. Being in the same conference pretty much puts the official seal of approval on this rivalry, and even the conference bosses tout it. It is time to get over the superiority line of thinking as our placeholder position comes to an end. Time to get used to the new agenda, 'cause we just might be here a tad longer than some hope.

We are at 58.3% and they are at 51.7%. Significantly different.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

So you weren't inspired by the UTEP/NMSU rivalry video?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

Obviously someone cares. Its made its way into a video game, its on Wikipedia, so even outsiders see it as a rivalry.  USF Mich St isn't a rivalry game, its a one time series.   There are no bigger fish in the fryer for now, be real. There are plenty of rivalries that only the schools involved care about, just like you mentioned but outsiders recognize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_college_football_rivalry_games

That one week at #2 was great because it gave hope for the future but on the other hand created a snob culture.   These are two mid majors with history and most importantly a future.   I can not be the only one ready for tradition at a school that has hardly any when it comes to football. Does anyone want to contact the alumni association or area business that would be interested in putting together a trophy and getting the schools together on this?  Think of it, 100 years from now when these teams play, their exchanging something that started out this season. I think it would be awesome and I hope the trophy is dominated with Green and Gold victories.   And who knows, maybe in 100 years these two teams will become another Ohio St - MIch.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously someone cares. Its made its way into a video game, its on Wikipedia, so even outsiders see it as a rivalry.  USF Mich St isn't a rivalry game, its a one time series.   There are no bigger fish in the fryer for now, be real. There are plenty of rivalries that only the schools involved care about, just like you mentioned but outsiders recognize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_college_football_rivalry_games

That one week at #2 was great because it gave hope for the future but on the other hand created a snob culture.   These are two mid majors with history and most importantly a future.   I can not be the only one ready for tradition at a school that has hardly any when it comes to football. Does anyone want to contact the alumni association or area business that would be interested in putting together a trophy and getting the schools together on this?  Think of it, 100 years from now when these teams play, their exchanging something that started out this season. I think it would be awesome and I hope the trophy is dominated with Green and Gold victories.   And who knows, maybe in 100 years these two teams will become another Ohio St - MIch.

First time post. Don't know why this post is the one to make me finally sign up, but I completely agree with you slick.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

UCF and us are carbon freaking copies of each other, and I for one welcome our new AAC brethren.

That is pretty much true. Both schools are around 50% lifetime winning percentages, so neither one has really lit it up. Being in the same conference pretty much puts the official seal of approval on this rivalry, and even the conference bosses tout it. It is time to get over the superiority line of thinking as our placeholder position comes to an end. Time to get used to the new agenda, 'cause we just might be here a tad longer than some hope.

We are at 58.3% and they are at 51.7%. Significantly different.

Point being that while both USF and UCF are separated by 6.6 winning percentage points, NEITHER school has set anything afire. USF and UCF have enough in common to make this a decent rivalry, although USF has a considerable head start.  

One other thing that needs to be considered. With the P5 sucking up all the bowl games that the Big East and the rest of the non-qualifiers had access, there may not be any bowl game even if USF qualifies. This could be built into a bowl atmosphere game with a trophy ceremony.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome ssgCraigO! While I think slick misinterpreted the reason for my post (never was I suggesting a "rivalry" with Michigan State) some of us just won't find excitement playing UCiF. Maybe one day. Glad you joined the board finally. I hope you continue to engage in great discussion..

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

slick, can I meet you halfway and drop the cornball trophy idea? :)

Hey, don't blame me for trying to start a real rivalry with someone USF fans love to hate. Heck Brad I was hoping you'd take the initiative and help us raise some money for it. I'd chip in and I'd bet I wouldn't be the only one. Get the UCF fans, wherever they may be to chip in too. You detest that school, that's the biggest requirement fulfilled already, lol.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

slick, can I meet you halfway and drop the cornball trophy idea? :)

In that case, maybe a good compromise would be to make a trophy out of this ...

CornBall4.jpg