• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

So, who's excited about the FAU - FIU rivalry! Same conference (G5), same markets, etc.... 

yawn... That is how the rest of the country sees the USF UCF games... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So, who's excited about the FAU - FIU rivalry! Same conference (G5), same markets, etc.... 

yawn... That is how the rest of the country sees the USF UCF games... 

Who cares what the rest of the country thinks? Its the fan base that matters. You think anyone but the kids at your high school alma mater and their rival care about their big game?  Truely. Here, read about my high school's rivalry, learn something.  And it includes USF players.

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2011/10/26/sarasota-vs-riverview-the-names-and-games-that-shaped-one-of-floridas-best-football-rivalries/

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

maybe you could help the OP understand this. :D

And the current USF coach and the USF AD and the conference commissioner, the media, bloggers, fans on both sides, etc... Lots of explaining to do to many people. Ever think you are in the minority? Check back in a year when UCF is the nearest conference member and the numbers of students and local fans of each school going to games in every sport at the other;s facility is among the highest in the conference  due to proximity. And when UCF and USF start competing at every sport and start knocking the other out of the conference championship races, in huge numbers, at the opponent's venue,  that's just going to deepen it.

Everything you're yapping about is in the future. Like Brad said, quit trying to force it. It will come if it's a big a lock as you think it is (and it probably will) ... It's been tried to be forced on us for a decade by the buttmunches over there and that's probably why the resistance from some here. If you feel that strongly, head over to their Rivals board and see if you can drum up somebody there to take your idea for the Silver Highway Cone Trophy and run with it NOW. Hell, the game is still 3 freaking months away. We, and they, have some awesome ooc games and the bulk of the conference to get through. You'll probably even find more support here as the game gets closer ...

3 whole months? To find someone to sponsor it and get either admins or alumni from both schools involved?  Oh, and fund, design and build it. Plenty of time. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

I still believe that the UM - USF (and then FSU - USF game) - are far more important for us to focus on. Both of those games will bring in more fans, revenue, and exposure. We need to beat UCiF (along with every other conference foe), and look ahead to bigger and better deals. 

Rutgers and Louisville didn't need to market themselves with a companion school to get into a better conference. We really don't need UCiF to get ahead. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

The idea of a trophy for the winner of this game is hilarious. Who really cares outside of UCiF and a few USF fans?

Let the teams play. I am flying out to see USF play Mich State. I am not flying out to see a USF-UCiF matchup.

Please, let's not shape our existence on beating a team no one else cares about. They are a conference foe and that's it.

We need to get bigger fish in the fryer or change business model and clients (fans).

maybe you could help the OP understand this. :D

And the current USF coach and the USF AD and the conference commissioner, the media, bloggers, fans on both sides, etc... Lots of explaining to do to many people. Ever think you are in the minority? Check back in a year when UCF is the nearest conference member and the numbers of students and local fans of each school going to games in every sport at the other;s facility is among the highest in the conference  due to proximity. And when UCF and USF start competing at every sport and start knocking the other out of the conference championship races, in huge numbers, at the opponent's venue,  that's just going to deepen it.

Everything you're yapping about is in the future. Like Brad said, quit trying to force it. It will come if it's a big a lock as you think it is (and it probably will) ... It's been tried to be forced on us for a decade by the buttmunches over there and that's probably why the resistance from some here. If you feel that strongly, head over to their Rivals board and see if you can drum up somebody there to take your idea for the Silver Highway Cone Trophy and run with it NOW. Hell, the game is still 3 freaking months away. We, and they, have some awesome ooc games and the bulk of the conference to get through. You'll probably even find more support here as the game gets closer ...

patience,slick....that's all we're saying

no need to make a trophy

no need to fire our DC

if things work out like you predict, these things will happen

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think this series needs a trophy, UF vs FSU doesn't have a trophy.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Still trying to figure out why a trophy is needed. If you need a clever name, trophy, and marketing pitch, that's because the game doesn't sell itself. So if you truly believe USF-UCF is or will be a real rivalry, this shouldn't concern you.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Ok let me try this again how about one of these bad boys for the trophy?

i-42.jpg

That can either go somewhere on the trident, or be a sheild to accompany the trident.

This...and it has to be all old and crusty.  Keep track of history on the back.  Winner keeps it for a year.  Kind of like the "bucket of nails"

I like this idea... how about have a scaled down I-4 sign on a bronze or silver pole, mounted to a concrete looking grante base. There are two I4 signs with a pole in the middle. One sign is green and gold with a fancy USF logo on it, and the other sigh is black and gold with a UCF logo on it.

The winners can be listed on the base of the trophy on small brass plates, and the trophy has a USF and a UCF side. Each victory is listed on the base of the trophy of the victor, and to save space winning streaks should be combined and listed on one brass plate. (i.e. 2013-2020 etc.). USF victories are listed on the USF side, and UCF victories are listed on the UCF side.

When the trophy fills up, the brass plates are removed and placed on a I4 shapped wooden sign in the trophy room.

My issue with the War on I10 trophy is that it creates a new glass trophy every year. I don't know if you guys have seen our trophy room lately, but I don't believe that we will have the room to store an ass load of 12 inch Sonic War on I4 trophies.

We need a more traditional trophy, like other college rivalry trophies, that are passed back and fourth between the schools.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

How about an actual sign on I-4... small USF - or - UCF logos on every mile marker between Tampa and Orlando.

Make it happen.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Regardless of what they end up doing they need to get it done soon. The first game of the series is Thanksgiving Weekend, which is what like 3 1/2 months away?

So we will need a trophy or something by the time that game comes. Times a ticking. **** or get off the pot.

Edited by Bubba Bull