• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

It wasn't until USF snubbed UCF before USF was even in CUSA that got it heated on our end.

Whatever makes you sleep better, Goldie .. . Facts are, that as a fledgling program, USF went to UCF to schedule games and were turned down. Only when you assclowns saw that USF was on the verge of passing you by did you feel the need to try and slow it down by getting a chance to beat us on the field. CJL would have none of that. Nice try on the revisionist history.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Dang it Flsportsfan, I know you're right I am trying not to accept it. Goldenbuc, that how USF fans are. I didn't know it was the same at UCF. Did the games sell out when we play each other previously in Orlando?

The game in 2008 @ UCF played on our campus was a sellout. 2006 was played at the Citrus Bowl in our last season there drew 46k. The USF/UCF game was labelled a sellout in Tampa in 2007, as well. However there were few thousand no-shows in the upper decks.

If that makes you feel better about a 64-12 beatdown, more power to ya, chief.

Yeah, there were a lot of empty seats by the second half...

If this were a rivalry, Bulls fans would know these things.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I already know its a rivalry as does most anyone who follows either team including fans, alumni, CWT, Aresco, the AD, etc. I was just trying to get a trophy for the game. 

Pretty funny looking at 4 distant wins and saying there is no rivalry. You want to look at the past? UCF was OOC then. They are in-conference now.  Late season, in-conference. What is the USF's win-loss ratio mid to late season every year no matter who is the coach or who are the players?  Or even how bad the teams are they play? I'd bet more college fans know about how USF tanks in the second half of the season in-conference than know about the War on I-4. 

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's no doubt there is some slick marketing about (no pun intended). We just aren't all buying into it yet.

It's clear the conference needs this. UCF needs this. Maybe Doug and Judy believe USF needs this.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Someone's buying it, got some interest from the Big East Conference Daily.

There's no doubt there is some slick marketing about (no pun intended). We just aren't all buying into it yet.

It's clear the conference needs this. UCF needs this. Maybe Doug and Judy believe USF needs this.

You and some others aren't buying. Me and some others are buying it. Its a game that's going to happen. Hell, I AM EVEN CONSIDERING PAYING FOR THE TROPHY. Its easy to sit back and do nothing. #doSOMETHING.

Who is Big East Conference Daily?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Who is Big East Conference Daily?

slick probably started a blog and didn't tell you :D

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Someone's buying it, got some interest from the Big East Conference Daily.

You and some others aren't buying. Me and some others are buying it. Its a game that's going to happen. Hell, I AM EVEN CONSIDERING PAYING FOR THE TROPHY. Its easy to sit back and do nothing. #doSOMETHING.

You have been given the perfect vehicle for helping your venture ... a blog on this site. It's not just you blogging ... it's interacting through the comments section, that you control, with like minded people ... brainstorming, who to contact suggestions(although Wooly gave you a great suggestion that you appeared to ignore), etc. If you're really serious about this, that's the way to go about it on here. #DOSOMETHING

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Keep it here slick. This thread is every bit as relevant as some on here with way too many pages of useless comments that nothing to do with the original post.

GO BULLS! Win the ____________________ Trophy!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The IDontWannamaker Trophy........

The "Skirmish on the Federal Interstate System Award"........

" The Anheuser-Busch Beer Mugging"?

Edited by Bullwinkle