• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

am i the only one who thinks it would be funny if he only gets about 15 carries this season?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

From what I read recently, Blakely is finishing up his AA and will be looking for his 3rd shot at passing us up. He will give Schaeffer a run for his money in that department.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

am i the only one who thinks it would be funny if he only gets about 15 carries this season?

He will do well there but wouldn't be an impact player like he would be at USF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

From what I read recently, Blakely is finishing up his AA and will be looking for his 3rd shot at passing us up. He will give Schaeffer a run for his money in that department.

Don't see anything about "passing us up". Why the negativity?

• MIKE BLAKELY, Manatee-Florida

Rated the nation's sixth-best running back, Blakely left high school early to be at Florida's spring practice. Urban Meyer, who recruited Blakely, quit. Blakely didn't fit in with new coach Will Muschamp and left. He landed at Auburn, where a crowded backfield limited him to only 33 carries (153 yards), and he left in disappointment. His next destination could be Hutchinson Community College (Kan.). A year there would make him eligible for a four-year program with two years eligibility, and that place could be USF, where head coach Willie Taggart has proven astute with reclamation projects.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2013/07/28/4630277/commentary-game-changing-decisions.html#storylink=cpy

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

What a waste of an opportunity.  I can see his reasoning on some level.. you want to be apart of a championship caliber team to ensure you get noticed.  However, Dyer would be a stand-out and ensure a better draft stock at USF.  This just proves that his decision making skills haven't improved.  We are better off without him. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Don't see anything about "passing us up". Why the negativity?

• MIKE BLAKELY, Manatee-Florida

Rated the nation's sixth-best running back, Blakely left high school early to be at Florida's spring practice. Urban Meyer, who recruited Blakely, quit. Blakely didn't fit in with new coach Will Muschamp and left. He landed at Auburn, where a crowded backfield limited him to only 33 carries (153 yards), and he left in disappointment. His next destination could be Hutchinson Community College (Kan.). A year there would make him eligible for a four-year program with two years eligibility, and that place could be USF, where head coach Willie Taggart has proven astute with reclamation projects.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2013/07/28/4630277/commentary-game-changing-decisions.html#storylink=cpy

That's a ways off, but when I say him play in HS, on TV, I was hoping somehow he'd stay home...but no.  If he came home, that's be great.  But far too off in the future at this point.  Good update...thanks

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What does any of this have to do with Dyer?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What a waste of an opportunity.  I can see his reasoning on some level.. you want to be apart of a championship caliber team to ensure you get noticed.  However, Dyer would be a stand-out and ensure a better draft stock at USF.  This just proves that his decision making skills haven't improved.  We are better off without him. 

Coupla things

UL is a lot closer to his family home in Arkansas than USF is

UL's offensive line are more experienced than we are (maybe less chance of injury)

UL's passing attack is more dangerous than ours is, opening up better opportunities for gains on play action

UL's defense may be better too, giving the offense more shots at scoring.

All around, UL's a better place for him, but I wish he was here.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Coupla things

UL is a lot closer to his family home in Arkansas than USF is

UL's offensive line are more experienced than we are (maybe less chance of injury)

UL's passing attack is more dangerous than ours is, opening up better opportunities for gains on play action

UL's defense may be better too, giving the offense more shots at scoring.

All around, UL's a better place for him, but I wish he was here.

Self-evident, but I think many were hopeful that playing time here, as a showcased back, would carry leverage.  Add the apparent family relationship with Strong, and we were only going to get Dyer IF Lville passed.  So, the band plays on.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

What does any of this have to do with Dyer?

one of the posters confused blakely for dyer and then as usual the thread changed directions :D