• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't want Dyer here anyway. We've dealt with plenty of Dyers before. Let him be louisville's problem.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Now that Dyer is gone, I can express my gut fear on the cloud this guy might have brought to the program, without worry some would think Dyer would read it & pass on us.  I read this clip in a few stories, and it makes me think he'd be an issue on our team.  Not saying I didn't want him, purely for talent, but a big part of me is relieved we're avoiding a potential huge distraction.

"Let me put all this together," Dyer said. "You offer me a scholarship. I go out there and play 12 games for you. Do the best I can for you. Get grades. Win you a national championship, MVP, Bo Jackson's record. I do all this for you. Then at the end, what did you do for me?

"I win you millions of dollars that I don't see a cent of," he continued. "I put my neck on the line for you. And then I'm sitting over here in the corner? That's telling me you don't really care that much about humans. You don't care that I'm someone's child. That I have a mother and I have a little girl. You don't care about that."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9505721/michael-dyer-aaron-hernandez-red-flags-sports?ex_cid=grantland33

I WISH we got Andrews from WKU, but our team gets together Aug 4, and I'm hoping some RBs are relieved Dyer is not coming, and bust their humps to be the main RB in this new offense.

Let's get to hittin' !!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

As I understand it, no official announcement can be made before enrollment per NCAA rules.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/29/michael-dyer-louisville-teddy-bridgewater-charlie-strong/2596431/

• Topic Count:  2,341
  • Content Count:  21,355
  • Days Won:  10

He is not coming to USF.  Move on

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Now that Dyer is gone, I can express my gut fear on the cloud this guy might have brought to the program, without worry some would think Dyer would read it & pass on us. I read this clip in a few stories, and it makes me think he'd be an issue on our team. Not saying I didn't want him, purely for talent, but a big part of me is relieved we're avoiding a potential huge distraction.

"Let me put all this together," Dyer said. "You offer me a scholarship. I go out there and play 12 games for you. Do the best I can for you. Get grades. Win you a national championship, MVP, Bo Jackson's record. I do all this for you. Then at the end, what did you do for me?

"I win you millions of dollars that I don't see a cent of," he continued. "I put my neck on the line for you. And then I'm sitting over here in the corner? That's telling me you don't really care that much about humans. You don't care that I'm someone's child. That I have a mother and I have a little girl. You don't care about that."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9505721/michael-dyer-aaron-hernandez-red-flags-sports?ex_cid=grantland33

I WISH we got Andrews from WKU, but our team gets together Aug 4, and I'm hoping some RBs are relieved Dyer is not coming, and bust their humps to be the main RB in this new offense.

Let's get to hittin' !!

You dont think most players feel that way? And if thats what you took from the whole article, i think you missed the point of the piece.

Now that Dyer is gone, I can express my gut fear on the cloud this guy might have brought to the program, without worry some would think Dyer would read it & pass on us. I read this clip in a few stories, and it makes me think he'd be an issue on our team. Not saying I didn't want him, purely for talent, but a big part of me is relieved we're avoiding a potential huge distraction.

I WISH we got Andrews from WKU, but our team gets together Aug 4, and I'm hoping some RBs are relieved Dyer is not coming, and bust their humps to be the main RB in this new offense.

Let's get to hittin' !!

You dont think most players feel that way? And if thats what you took from the whole article, i think you missed the point of the piece.

of course that's not all I took (nice leap, though).  It was something that gave me a concern.  Look, all athletes aren't the same.  For every Dyer, do we pay them a lot, but maybe a little or nothing to the long snapper?  I agree the system exploits some athletes. But the best of the best have a shot at serious income.  For the 98% or so, they play a sport they love, and can get a college degree, leaving debt free.  And...that's a deal they happily sign up for.

So...what I see from this, in part is: "A free education isn't enough.  I made Auburn millions, and I deserve more". I don't want to read more than it is, but it reads, but it sure looks like he agreed to the deal, but he wants more than what we agreed to when he signed up to play.  If not, Auburn doesn't care about him, or the family he chose to start while in college (nothing wrong with that, but his choice).  They will be wealthy, likely, in less than a year.  Auburn might argue that they gave him more than free education.  They gave him training, facilities, surrounded him with talent, and helped him become an NFL prospect.

Reading the various articles, Dyer & his mentor make it clear that he quit Auburn, and was never ineligible.  So ask yourself, why did Auburn refuse to take him back?  Arkansas?  Almost every other school?  We assume Taggart offered, but we don't know, and may never.  Something about his past, or more likely, his present, that scared off most schools. Lville is desperate to win NOW, before Teddy B leaves, so I'm not surprised Lville did a 180 & took him (yes, we are desperate, too, so I'm not knocking chasing him).

That's my take...and it's my GUT feel.  I don't profess to know the guy or know how he'll do going forward.  I'm simply expressing my concerns, and certainly understand those will disagree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Let's get to hittin' !!

of course that's not all I took (nice leap, though).  It was something that gave me a concern.  Look, all athletes aren't the same.  For every Dyer, do we pay them a lot, but maybe a little or nothing to the long snapper?  I agree the system exploits some athletes. But the best of the best have a shot at serious income.  For the 98% or so, they play a sport they love, and can get a college degree, leaving debt free.  And...that's a deal they happily sign up for.

So...what I see from this, in part is: "A free education isn't enough.  I made Auburn millions, and I deserve more". I don't want to read more than it is, but it reads, but it sure looks like he agreed to the deal, but he wants more than what we agreed to when he signed up to play.  If not, Auburn doesn't care about him, or the family he chose to start while in college (nothing wrong with that, but his choice).  They will be wealthy, likely, in less than a year.  Auburn might argue that they gave him more than free education.  They gave him training, facilities, surrounded him with talent, and helped him become an NFL prospect.

Reading the various articles, Dyer & his mentor make it clear that he quit Auburn, and was never ineligible.  So ask yourself, why did Auburn refuse to take him back?  Arkansas?  Almost every other school?  We assume Taggart offered, but we don't know, and may never.  Something about his past, or more likely, his present, that scared off most schools. Lville is desperate to win NOW, before Teddy B leaves, so I'm not surprised Lville did a 180 & took him (yes, we are desperate, too, so I'm not knocking chasing him).

That's my take...and it's my GUT feel.  I don't profess to know the guy or know how he'll do going forward.  I'm simply expressing my concerns, and certainly understand those will disagree.

Well said.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I actually think he makes a mature decision by choosing Louisville.

Even before Dyer was in the picture, Louisville was expecting that they could produce two 1000 yard backs. Plus they have Teddy. At best, Dyer's carries and overall impact of what it could have been elsewhere.

I see the risk more on Strong's end. First, he runs the risk of disrupting team chemistry. In light of the crap that Urban Meyer has been dealing with surrounding all the arrests at UF under his regime there and capped off by the Hernandez drama, let's not forget that Charlie Strong was on that staff and around that culture. If Dyer goes off the reservation and kids starting getting in trouble, Strong and the UL administration run the risk of a sullied reputation that up to this point has been pretty good.

I actually think he makes a mature decision by choosing Louisville.

Even before Dyer was in the picture, Louisville was expecting that they could produce two 1000 yard backs. Plus they have Teddy. At best, Dyer's carries and overall impact of what it could have been elsewhere.

I see the risk more on Strong's end. First, he runs the risk of disrupting team chemistry. In light of the crap that Urban Meyer has been dealing with surrounding all the arrests at UF under his regime there and capped off by the Hernandez drama, let's not forget that Charlie Strong was on that staff and around that culture. If Dyer goes off the reservation and kids starting getting in trouble, Strong and the UL administration run the risk of a sullied reputation that up to this point has been pretty good.

Agree, but I'm sure Strong was clear to him that this is one chance. Be a Maurice Clarret, or get it together, for a 1 & Done and NFL career...and potentially set for life.  It'll be interesting to see how this works for them...and hope he doesn't gash us.  He'll play us in less than 3 months...plenty of time to get into football shape, sadly.  Hopefully our friends at Rutgers & UCF rough up Lville a bit, so they limp into Tampa, Oct 26.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Didn't want to have to play against him. Oh well. Here's to hoping our D stuffs him for a loss every time he touches the rock.