• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If he has kept his nose clean earned his degree at Arkansas Baptist great for him. I have no problems that he is allowed to play at a top division school.

At least one of his family members is a lifelong friend of Charlie Strong. Good guy to be around. The Louisville athletic department is considered one of, if not the best in the country. It is a good situation for Dyer to be in.

Personally, with the other two backs that UL has on the roster, I am not worried about Dyer any more than the other two guys. He adds little to what they have unless one of the other guys goes down.

I think he would have been a great addition for us. He decided not to play here. As coach says, we want guys who want to be here.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If he has kept his nose clean earned his degree at Arkansas Baptist great for him. I have no problems that he is allowed to play at a top division school.

At least one of his family members is a lifelong friend of Charlie Strong. Good guy to be around. The Louisville athletic department is considered one of, if not the best in the country. It is a good situation for Dyer to be in.

Personally, with the other two backs that UL has on the roster, I am not worried about Dyer any more than the other two guys. He adds little to what they have unless one of the other guys goes down.

I think he would have been a great addition for us. He decided not to play here. As coach says, we want guys who want to be here.

I think he brings a change of pace back...he wears out team more than the other backs. At least he used to.  He'll be a big story, one way or the other, by the end of the year.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

He is gone, why continue this thread.   USF is always the bridesmaid. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not inconsolable about USF's current tailback position. There are a few guys I actually have some hopes for at that spot.

The one I have trouble getting my arms around is the QB position which is a habit from following the NFL so much. In the NFL you don't survive without a great quarterback. In college football I know you can, but it still helps.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not inconsolable about USF's current tailback position. There are a few guys I actually have some hopes for at that spot.

The one I have trouble getting my arms around is the QB position which is a habit from following the NFL so much. In the NFL you don't survive without a great quarterback. In college football I know you can, but it still helps.

I have hard time with you not getting warm and fuzzys from Mr. Steve Bench.  :furious3:    Seriously though I think Steve is going to be fine but I guess we will find out here in the next couple of weeks.

He could be awesome. I don't know. The practice tapes make me worry about how well and how quickly he reads the field. It makes me think they put him 3rd on the depth chart up at Penn State for a reason.

The transfers I wanted are at West Virginia and North Carolina State. But what do I know? It's all at best an educated guessing game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I have higher hopes with Mike White than I do with Bench. I think initially experience will have the edge over talent though. But looks like we are getting a little off topic on the Dyer thread.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I wish we were getting Dyer since most of us are cautiously optimistic at best in regards to Bench (better?).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Haha! That's a way to transition back to the topic.

I just wish there had been an officially announced day that Dyer was going to announce where he's going, so that the day before it I could declare Dyer's Eve.