• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure he has a plan and just doesn't want to share with all of us....I think the staff won't be complete until most of the bowl games are played

Edited by BiggTipp

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,962
  • Days Won:  12

The TCU defense was 35th in the nation in pts against (not awful but not stellar).

There were some ****** defensive games for the frogs (gave up 56 to TTU, 49 to Baylor), but some solid moments too (holding Kstate to 23, OU to 24).

21 picks, 2 of which were scores.

(edit) BUT, he is only the LB coach. He was not responsible for the whole defense. Gotta love the 21 picks, but can the man run an entire defense?

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

The TCU defense was 35th in the nation in pts against (not awful but not stellar).

There were some ****** defensive games for the frogs (gave up 56 to TTU, 49 to Baylor), but some solid moments too (holding Kstate to 23, OU to 24).

(edit) BUT, he is only the LB coach. He was not responsible for the whole defense. Gotta love the 21 picks, but can the man run an entire defense?

didn't he run miami's back in the early 2000s?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

didn't he run miami's back in the early 2000s?

Wow hm101....Google is your friend and you may have missed something kind of important...

Shannon was first hired by Miami coach Dennis Erickson in 1991 to be a graduate assistant. He later became the team's defensive line coach and linebackers coach. Shannon worked as linebackers coach for the Miami Dolphins in 2000 and as a defensive assistant in 1998 and 1999.

In 2001, Miami coach Larry Coker hired Shannon to be the defensive coordinator. That year Miami won the National Championship and Shannon received the Broyles Award given annually to the best assistant coach in college football. The 2001 national championship team is widely considered to be one of the greatest college football teams of all time. Over the next five years Shannon's Miami defenses consistently finished among the top in the nation.

During Shannon's six years as UM's defensive coordinator, his defenses ranked as follows in total defense nationally:

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

They had a fair amount of players suspended for dealing and using drugs, which contributed to the TCU D only being 35th in Total D

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Could Willie sell Randy on USF over FSU?

Not to mention the conference problems ...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

He was the DC, when Miami won the NC in 2001

Had players like Sean Taylor, Vince Wilfork, Jonathon Vilma, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Philip Buchanon, Jerome McDougale

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Does a Randy Willie make a Woodie?

Enquiring minds want to know

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Does a Randy Willie make a Woodie?

Enquiring minds want to know

Your parents didn't have this discussion with you when you were 11? Shame on them.

:D

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I hope our Willie gets Randy