• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls247 @Bulls247

Skip Holtz's staff let go. Was told they'd individually interview for their job, but got canned before their interviews took place.

Guys, I am not happy about this. WTF Willie.

The more I think about this the more pissed I am.

Well stay pissed. Business is Business. The current staff (well previous staff now) got worse from year to year. I would have jumped for joy had he fired everyone. The one guy who got saved should be kissing the ground and thanking the lawd.

I'm thinking he got retained due to his recruiting prowess and the fact that he was an original player here. KPat was an original coach here too, but I think Taggs wants his guy Woodie in here, I expect like Databull said, he'll be a DL coach.

Yea Scott can recruit and it helps to have a guy with so much invested in the program. Why did everyone want Patrick to stay? Am I missing something here? Willie can find another great recruiter.

He's been pretty passionate about the program and I believe was one of the first coaches out of the tunnel for that very first game in 1997 ..

Well the defense playing so bad did him in. Willie probably wants to start over fresh on that side of the ball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

KP was responsible for the interior line of the Defense this year IIRC.... that was our best position on D.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

in b4 LA Tech is a BCS buster next year

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. Dead period doesn't start until after the weekend.

Taggart must have thought the staff would do more harm than good over the next 4 days, or he wouldn't have doen anything until the dead period began.

Weird.

Actually, if he's already talked to all our committed recruits... this is a smart move. Firing them during the dead period would give the recruits time to think and have their minds wander without getting any input from CWT...

+1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

KP was responsible for the interior line of the Defense this year IIRC.... that was our best position on D.

CWT may have someone in mind for that position

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

CWT may have someone in mind for that position

I'm sure he does... and that's his decision... I was arguing the point that KP wasn't more than a recruiter.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

Bruce Feldman from CBS is reporting that Skip will accept the La Tech job in the next 2 hours. Timing of firings and no interviews makes sense now.

Edited by Tampa_Bull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Bruce Feldman from CBS is reporting that Skip will accept the La Tech job in the next 2 hours. Timing of firings and no interviews makes sense now.

I sincerely wish him and his staff luck over there.