• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So according to some weird number that just texted me out of nowhere, Taggart has fired most or all of the previous staff. Don't know if there is any truth to this but I checked bulls247 and it had a tweet sent at about the same time I got the message.

Best news of the day... now if they can lure in Randy Shannon we might have something.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I'm still weirded out by what just happened. This random number texts me and tells me "He just fired everyone!!!" And I ask who this is and if they were talking about Taggart. Then some lady calls and asks if I'm involved with USF in any way and apologizes. Before she hangs up I ask how she knew about this before bulls247 posted that tweet and she just laughs and says that it may be true or it might not be. Weird.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Per multiple sources.... everyone is gone except for Larry Scott.

IMO we should have kept KP.... but I'm not the coach.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Taggart announces initial staff changes

TAMPA – University of South Florida head football coach Willie Taggart announced Thursday he will retain one member of USF’s 2012 coaching staff and add a new assistant to his staff. Running backs coach Larry Scott has been retained as an offensive assistant, while Raymond Woodie, who coached with Taggart at WKU for the last three seasons, was brought on as a defensive assistant.

A member of USF's original recruiting class and a three-year letterwinner (1997-99), Scott returned to USF in 2005 as director of high school operations, before moving into coaching as a graduate assistant in 2006. He then accepted the position of tight ends coach in 2007. Scott switched to the offensive line in 2009 and returned to the tight ends in 2010 before taking over as running backs coach in 2012. In addition to his coaching prowess, Scott is widely considered one of the top recruiters in the state of Florida.

Woodie served as the defensive ends coach at Western Kentucky under Taggart in 2010 and ’11 before coaching linebackers in 2012. Prior to joining the staff at WKU, he held the head coaching position at Palmetto (Fla.) High School from 2006-09 and at Bradenton (Fla.) Bayshore High School from 1997-2006. Strongly connected in the state of Florida, Woodie was instrumental in securing three top recruiting classes at WKU and was named the 2012 Sun Belt Conference Recruiter of the Year by Scout/FoxSports.com.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

Hope he found a place for Kevin and Larry on this staff.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

excellent.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Scott was kept

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Days Won:  12

Not surprised. Wish Patrick would have stayed. defensive players loved him and he loved his job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Can we combine all 4 threads on this?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

Well I got half the ones to stay that I was hoping my son would play for one day.