Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Apis Bull

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

Please use this thread to report assistant coaches that have been hire or rumored to be hired

Greg:USF DC Buzz DJ Durkin and Randy Shannon Interested

Greg Auman (@gregauman) tweeted at 3:35 PM on Sat, Dec 08, 2012:

Buzz now about USF DC job under Willie Taggart. Florida LBs coach D.J. Durkin was with him at Stanford; TCU LBs Randy Shannon interested.

*Its on another thread, just bringing it here

Edited by Skingraft

Dear Santa: I've been sort of good this year... Please bring Randy Shannon to USF!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Shannon

Randy Shannon currently the linebacker coach at TCU. (age 46)

During Shannon's six years as UM's defensive coordinator, his defenses ranked as follows in total defense nationally:

2001 – 6th

2002 – 7th

2003 – 2nd

2004 – 28th

2005 – 4th

2006 – 7th

Buzz now about USF DC job under Willie Taggart. Florida LBs coach D.J. Durkin was with him at Stanford; TCU LBs Randy Shannon interested.

I wonder how Greg knows Shannon is interested... Would seem to be a good opportunity to get back to Florida.

I wonder how Greg knows Shannon is interested... Would seem to be a good opportunity to get back to Florida.

Greg's pretty good about confirming material. I'd guess it's from Shannon himself.

Seems the focus this week will be recruiting until Saturday, then CWT will build his staff when the dead period begins.

A great staff is needed to help this young and energetic coach.

A great staff is needed to help this young and energetic coach.

+1..hope to see Shannon on that staff!

D.J. Durkin is apparently a top-flight recruiter, although (as acknowledged in this article) UF almost sells itself, so I'm not sure how good he actually is. He's also great at special teams, which we could really use (particularly in the return game). He coached at Stanford while CWT was there, which could help land him.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2012/02/rivals-names-floridas-d-j-durkin-as-nations-top-recruiter.html

If I were choosing between the two of them, however, I'd still pick Randy Shannon. Recruiting-wise, he's got lots of invaluable connections in Florida, and he has experience and a lot of success at DC and HC (which could help CWT - have to remember he's young and only has three years as a HC). But Durkin would be an excellent second choice.

I want guys with attitude. Bring some HUUUUGE chips on your shoulders, boys!