• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Big East conference call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

From a men's BBall perspective, Houston and SMU have been to Final Fours (although SMU's was back in the 1950s).  That makes 15 of 17 schools.  Only USF and UCF haven't (or have even been out of the first round).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yet another conference call scheduled for this evening.  Perhaps finally a vote on raising exit fees, perhaps with invites extended shortly thereafter.

This is a great article from a Rutgers perspective, touching on the whys and whatfors of the football schools breaking away from the bball schools. 

http://www.onthebanks.com/2011/10/16/2494600/big-east-football-should-vote-no

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Yet another conference call scheduled for this evening.  Perhaps finally a vote on raising exit fees, perhaps with invites extended shortly thereafter.

This is a great article from a Rutgers perspective, touching on the whys and whatfors of the football schools breaking away from the bball schools. 

I read somewhere today (can't find the link) that no invites would be given out until Thursday because they did not want to distract the questioning at BB media day Wednesday with expansion/ralignment questions.  Good luck with that.  Get the invites out - expansion will come up on Wednesday regardless of if the invites have been issued.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I read somewhere today (can't find the link) that no invites would be given out until Thursday because they did not want to distract the questioning at BB media day Wednesday with expansion/ralignment questions.  Good luck with that.  Get the invites out - expansion will come up on Wednesday regardless of if the invites have been issued.

I agree... there will be more questions if they sit on their hands until Thursday then if they just send out invites today...

If they don't send out invites then they will get all tons of questions about everything under the sun... the media will want to know why invites have not yet gone out and who is holding it up.

If they send out the invites then they will get a few questions but most will be along the lines of... "What do you think about the addition of these new schools" vs a million questions about everything...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What's wrong with these people. SMH

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Absolutely pathetic. Villanova succeeding in keeping Temple out proves that we could have kept UCF out. Genshaft caved. I'm writing them a letter about this, and if I'm not happy with the response I get, I'm cutting off my yearly donation.

I dont want to be associated with that school, this is rediculous that we are letting them in our conference.

• Content Count:  120

From a men's BBall perspective, Houston and SMU have been to Final Fours (although SMU's was back in the 1950s).  That makes 15 of 17 schools.  Only USF and UCF haven't (or have even been out of the first round).

I don't understand how living in Richmond from 05-10, I have watched VCU basketball in the CAA put out quality basketball year after year who does well in league play, CAA tournament and NCAA tournament, in addition to producing NBA talent.  Some of you may laugh it off, but the CAA actually has quality teams such as Old Dominion and George Mason to name a few.  Why does USF have such an inability to put out quality basketball?

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I saw that I have seen that somewhere as well.

• Content Count:  2,461

Absolutely pathetic. Villanova succeeding in keeping Temple out proves that we could have kept UCF out. Genshaft caved. I'm writing them a letter about this, and if I'm not happy with the response I get, I'm cutting off my yearly donation.

I dont want to be associated with that school, this is rediculous that we are letting them in our conference.

I would hope you're more of a USF fan than a UCF hater. But, whatever.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

I don't understand how living in Richmond from 05-10, I have watched VCU basketball in the CAA put out quality basketball year after year who does well in league play, CAA tournament and NCAA tournament, in addition to producing NBA talent.  Some of you may laugh it off, but the CAA actually has quality teams such as Old Dominion and George Mason to name a few.  Why does USF have such an inability to put out quality basketball?

Save that thought for a month or so .... You'll get more response then. Most people only have two wrists to **** and those are being occupied by recent play of the football team and realignment shenanigans.

Archived