• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Big East conference call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Expansion wouldn't keep sPitt and Poor X-Cuse in the Big East.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am pretty sure their derogatory term of choice is SadExcuse.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Champ game in NY would be a disaster. No one would go see USF-Boise in NY in Dec. It has to be at the highest seed's home field.

What is this guy smoking?  NO ONE (except Rutgers and maybe Navy fans) is going to make plans to go to NYC with one week's notice when they are planning to go to a bowl game instead.  This presser was the biggest non-event in the history of the BE.  Absolutely no new information except the thing about the new exit fee kicks in as soon as one new FB team joins.  The entire purpose of this charade was to hopefully talk only BB tomorrow - that's not gonna happen.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big East brass really has no clue.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Champ game in NY would be a disaster. No one would go see USF-Boise in NY in Dec. It has to be at the highest seed's home field.

What is this guy smoking?  NO ONE (except Rutgers and maybe Navy fans) is going to make plans to go to NYC with one week's notice when they are planning to go to a bowl game instead.  This presser was the biggest non-event in the history of the BE.  Absolutely no new information except the thing about the new exit fee kicks in as soon as one new FB team joins.  The entire purpose of this charade was to hopefully talk only BB tomorrow - that's not gonna happen.

Well.  This was to be expected.  They won't announce anything until they have positive confirmation that teams are joining, but the teams won't join without confirmation that no one is leaving.

In other words, there's nothing to report.

I'm somewhat concerned about this "the exit fee kicks in as soon as 1 new school joins" as we have not sent out invites yet.  Sounds to me like maybe WV and UL are orchestrating holding off on the invites saying it's due to BB media day, we want to do our due diligence, the by-laws say we have to wait 72 hours, it might be raining today and other b.s.  If this is true, of course they don't want anyone to accept until they give notice of going to the big 12 so they don't have to pay the higher exit fee.

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know.  I don't think you send out invites until you know for sure the one you're asking will say yes.  There's probably some due diligence going on at all of the schools.

I don't know.  I don't think you send out invites until you know for sure the one you're asking will say yes.  There's probably some due diligence going on at all of the schools.

JM said today that they have been looking at the 12 team model and who would be a good fit starting in December 2010.  What have they been doing over the last 11 months and more specifically the last 3 weeks if not due diligence on new teams?

• Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

JM said today that they have been looking at the 12 team model and who would be a good fit starting in December 2010.  What have they been doing over the last 11 months and more specifically the last 3 weeks if not due diligence on new teams?

Conference calls.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

???

UCF, SMU, Air Force, and Houston would trip over themselves to join... invite them first... get them in the door so they can play next year... then call up Boise and Navy and iron out the details under the table and then once they are on board issue a formal invite.

Done deal... if I was the Big East Commish I would had sent out the invites to UCF, SMU, Houston, and AF this morning... then send out the other 2 invites Thursday.

WV and Louisville are holding out for a BigXII invite which will come on Thursday... Potato Head is stupid enough to believe them and their stalling tactics.

Archived