• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't like the addition of any of the service academies.  

Not sure if anyone has said, but Pac-12 is not expanding ...

The academies will bring more $$$ to a new TV contract in FB. Besides, nobody would then try to screw with the Big East with them on OUR side.  ;)

Yeah, the academies are prestige, history and big bucks from TV contracts.

No because we would bomb them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Army

Yes, that team that beat us for Homecoming 2004........

I thought we agreed never to speak of that game again?

Most embarrassing game in my history of being a USF fan, both by the team's effort and our fans for leaving before the game was decided (on homecoming, no less).  I've tried to forget about that game, to no avail.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I think it is possible that Louisville bails for the Big12. . . . regardless of what their rep said tonight in NYC.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm sorry, I must have missed an announcement that WVU was rejected by the SEC and ACC.  That is as much rumor as most anything else.

The PAC-12 news is an official announcement.  Pitt and Syracuse were official announcements.  The rest of this stuff has been rumor and things changing by the minute that were just discussions.  To let fifty threads develop is unwieldy.  Brad caved and allowed a thread or two on the main board because you guys asked for it. 

It isn't about a power trip.  When things happen on here sometimes there are five and six threads that pop up within minutes at the same time.  It takes a minute or two to merge threads and a little more time to read through and figure out what needs to be merged and what doesn't.  There simply isn't time very often to notify people when big news is happening.  This is a large board with lots and lots of posts when news or rumors are swirling.  There aren't many mods.  It takes a lot to keep things civil and organized enough to be able to find things.  Sending out a bunch of messages while doing that is just not feasible sometimes.

• Content Count:  12,293

I think it is possible that Louisville bails for the Big12. . . . regardless of what their rep said tonight in NYC.

I think it is possible that everything that was said in the meeting tonight was complete BS and most a waste of tax payer/donor dollars to fly all these people to NYC.

ever heard of a conference call or Skype even?  what about GoToMeeting.com?

really...fly together to tell each other a bunch of bullcrap???

You all know that if ACC/Big 10/SEC come calling you will jump like a fish out of water.

• Content Count:  1,165

ChiTribHamilton Brian Hamilton

RT @ralphDrussoAP: Marinatto says Big East members have pledged to stay together & aggressively recruit replacements for Pitt, Syracuse

40 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is the worst possible outcome

I don't get it... how can this be worst possible outcome?  Everyone on here seemed to think were headed back to C-USA earlier in the day.  Pitt and Cuse are hardly powerhouses in football.

USF

We played in CUSA with:

TCU

Louisville

Cinci

Houston

ECU

Southern Miss

Memphis

And we'll also have (assuming Rutgers and UConn leave)

WVU

UCF probably

Now I'm sure I'm missing some because I'm doing this quick off the top of my head (being very tired, at that), but I hope you get the idea of my post.

Those are all teams we played with in CUSA that either will be or have potential to be in the new Big East.  Sure, it still may still be called the Big East but that doesn't mean it's not effectively "back to CUSA"

I have no idea what your point is really... we left C-USA w/ Cincy and Lousiville, so surely you'd expect them to still be in our conference?  That hardly seems like a step back.  We will have a conference that has an AQ that includes a number of top-tier programs (WVU, TCU, us) and a very solid basketball lineup.  Everyone just seems to be getting all up tight cause UCF "may" be in our conference.  I don't really care either way, but I hardly think that is a done deal.  And I am pretty certain we have the connections within the BE that if we don't want UCF then it will be someone else.

I was responding to a post that  was questioning how some people (a group I do not belong to, mind you), are calling this the worst possible scenario, as the worst possible scenario according to those people was returning to CUSA.

I was simply pointing out that this "new Big East" has the potential to be pretty darn similar to the "Old CUSA" people have nightmares of going back to.

That was my only point.  I'm not all doom and gloom, I don't think this is the end of USF football, nothing like that.  I don't fault you for thinking that, however, due to the general demeanor of many of the people here, combined with the fact it's virtually impossible to follow a single person's train of thought since they are all jumbles in one (oh wait, two  ::) )gigantic clusterfuck of a thread.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,640
  • Days Won:  6

NJ.com said that there was no statement that the 7 schools were committed to the conference post meeting and that TCU seemed to be wavering about entry. Has anyone seen that TCU may pull out?

So you're saying our Commish's statement may not be true that all 7 are on board and committed?  Say it ain't so.

• Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

So... I'm not the only one that thinks the lot of 7 were all lying right through their teethe in their "pact"?

Honestly..... This isn't as wildly terrible as a lot of you are making it out to be.

Who do we have to replace to keep our AQ bid... Syracuse are you kidding me... Any of the teams we would add would do no worse than Syracuse has been doing the last few years.

And the other team... Pitt, they are a little tougher to replace but I think Louisville can step up with their new coach.

Losing those 2 teams isn't going to jeopardize our AQ as long as USF, WVU and TCU stay in the polls. I mean last year not one Big East team finished ranked and we still got our AQ and sent Uconn.

I think what you might have though is the ACC step up and try to demand 2 AQs now that they have 14 teams.

• Content Count:  7,511
  • Days Won:  10

Army

Yes, that team that beat us for Homecoming 2004........

They were also our first C-USA win.  West Point is a great place to watch a game.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The Missouri to SEC is just as much a rumor as anything else, also.  SEC denies it's made an offer.  Now they can make a realistic offer to Oklahoma if they want, and Oklahoma would probably go, if they can't get the changes they want from the B12.  Course, OSU would have to go too, so that would put SEC at 15 teams, then they could take Mizzou ... ah hell, who the hell knows. 

Archived