• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't like the addition of any of the service academies.  

Not sure if anyone has said, but Pac-12 is not expanding ...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I wonder if Notre Dame is willing to join up for football.  There is something to be said for Notre Dame's relationship with NBC, and NBA presumably wanting college programming.  It is my understanding that the only non-football BE school represented tonight was Notre Dame.  They are either trying like crazy to help the BE survive in it's present form, or trying to figure out the future.  If ND is a possibility, them and St John's intramural team would be as strong as Pitt and Syracuse.

• Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

With MO going to the SEC, the Big 12 will have 8.  I can not accept that a possible Big East, Big 12 merger is dead due to geography- CUSA can make it work for God's sake.  John Marinatto and Dan Bebe should run for congress.

Ditto, I think had to do with the Long horns or the basketball schools.... the merge would have had the largest media footprint of any of the existing conferences and just split East West.... pretty simple

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Which 7 were at the meeting, tcu?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The travel costs to Air Force and Boise State would be tremendous and more so for them.  We do have sports other than football we have to think about.

I believe Navy and AF would only come in as FB members.

So great, if our conference isn't a cluster- f now!!  We'll have football only members.  This conferences leadership is really screwed up.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Which 7 were at the meeting, tcu?

Yes TCU was there

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

We better still secretly do everything to get into the ACC, SEC, or even the Big 12.  Even if we have to backstab the other members of the BE. Committing to the Big East in my opinion is not the right decision.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't like the addition of any of the service academies.  

Not sure if anyone has said, but Pac-12 is not expanding ...

The academies will bring more $$$ to a new TV contract in FB. Besides, nobody would then try to screw with the Big East with them on OUR side.  ;)

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The travel costs to Air Force and Boise State would be tremendous and more so for them.  We do have sports other than football we have to think about.

I believe Navy and AF would only come in as FB members.

Still don't like it. If either is EVER the BE rep in a BCS bowl, the conference is toast. They are just too limited to recruit championship BCS talent and represent the conference in that way. Middle of the pack at best and, honestly, with Navy's offense, they could sneak up on a potential national title contender in conference and do more harm than good.

UCF/ECU more valuable then those in FB because their potential isn't as limited. Maybe extend FB only memberships to those guys...ECU would take it in a heartbeat.

Archived