• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nothing is certain till OU pledges to stay in the Big 12.  The Pac is still voting on expansion later this week. 

Also, I don't trust Uconn or Rutgers as far as I can throw them......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

We need to get the hell out of the BE as the remaining 7 will. Who the hell wants to be in *** clown cusa

Who's going to take us? if the ACC/SEC/Big12 wanted us, they would have... lets face it, we need to make the BE work for the short/long-term till this whole wheel moves again...

So much for the fastest growing program ever...that dream just died. We just got set back 7 years. Only hope is to pray one of those others will take us.

you are either not a USF fan or just a USF fan who is not very smart.

i cant figure out which.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Still could mean BigXII leftovers.  Not sure OU/OSU/UT/TTU are staying, with TAMU/Mizzou on the way out the door.  If all announce jointly, the conference effectively dissolves.  ISU, Baylor, KU, KSU may come our way, and at least a few of them have "strong histories" and traditions" -- Temple, Navy as well.  Certainly more than the likes of UCF/ECU.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Nothing is certain till OU pledges to stay in the Big 12.  The Pac is still voting on expansion later this week.  

Yes, everything still hinges on this.  ACC already fired the first salvo in going to 14, if the Pac-12 matches or goes to 16 (which they'd have to do, OSU would have to go with and 15 teams isn't feasible) the B1G will have to follow suit, as will the SEC.  Everything is still up in the air.

And MO to the SEC is NOT final, it's an "unofficial" agreement, and the SEC still says it has only offered T A&M.  

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Politically might be hard to strip away the AQ from a league that has 1 or more service schools... might be a reason to add them...

I REALLY hope they add at least 5 schools, 2 is just to dangerous from a survival standpoint...

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

so... 150 pages of expansion talk...and... the final result is... nothing?

We need to think out of the box on additions. Sorry, but, UCF is in. I hate them, but, very large school, decent program, good facilities. At this point, I don't see how they will be locked out (unless B12 dissolves and we take their scraps)

Assuming we're going to 12...

BE South

- USF

- UL

- WVU

- TCU

- UCF

- ECU

BE North

- UConn

- Rutgers

- Cincy

- Villanova

- Navy

- ND/Army/Temple

If, as someone else mentioned, ND can be brought in, with some sort of arrangement (the TV contract ends up with ND), that would be HUGE for the Big East. The teams in red are, in theory, BCS quality teams. UCF and ECU will get there, and, have been competitive to an extent with lesser talent. Adding UCF also gives the northern schools better access to Florida recruiting and hopefully will help get RU, UConn, etc. over the hump... strike that, screw Rutgers...

My concern with Navy and Army is... I don't know that those teams will ever be much better than they are today. They are still going to be limited in what they can do recruiting. They aren't really programs that you would look at as having potential to dominate the conference one day. They are always middle of the pack type teams. I'd rather only have one of them if possible. Or, if we can get ND, maybe neither and put Temple in that spot.

Last, but certainly not least... I'd go after Baylor... of course, I don't think any of this will happen until the Big12 makes a move. Obviously we'd rather add those teams than the additions above if UT, TTU, OU, and OSU go to the PAC. Even if the Big 12 stays together though, I think Baylor may be open to making a move as they seem pretty unhappy with their conference mates...

AQ bid may not be in that bad of shape. We'll have TCU with a recent BCS bowl win. Hopefully the BE winner this year will win their BCS game (if USF and WVU get through 12-0 and 11-1, with some help, BE could be positioned for 2 games). What does BCS look at? Last 4 years or 5? We need to get to above .500 if possible in BCS games. Fortunately, the BE bowl connections are generally speaking against weaker competition, so, overall Bowl winning % should remain good. It will be close, but, we might keep our spot. We need to pull against Boise every chance we get...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

PAC12 NOT EXPANDING.  Just announced on sports center wtih source as PAC12 exec.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This could really be GREAT news for USF.  I know many might be worried that UCF could be in the list of teams being added.. maybe maybe not.  But USF can really have time to grow and mature in the Big East.  We will get to pick and choose our times to play the big boys and have a legitimate shot at establishing ourselves before the next round of shakeups.

What about the B.E. long term viability as an AQ conference?  If they add a bunch of weaker teams just to up the number I see a darker future.

You mean, weaker than Syracuse the last several years?

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel

The Pac-12 will not expand. On a conference call tonight presidents affirmed their decision to remain a 12-team conference."

1 minute ago

George Schroeder

GeorgeSchroeder George Schroeder

And it turns out Larry Scott did NOT have the votes.

1 minute ago

wilnerhotline Jon Wilner

Pac-12 announces it will NOT expand

5 minutes ago

WALNUT CREEK, Calif.-- In light of the widespread speculation about potential scenarios for Conference re-alignment, the Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors have affirmed their decision to remain a 12-team conference. Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said, “after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.â€â€

- Pac-12 -

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

PAC12 NOT EXPANDING.  Just announced on sports center wtih source as PAC12 exec.

With that said I think we add Air Force, Navy, Houston, ECU, UCF.

Archived