• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

Espn just reporting oklahoma trying to keep big 12 together along with texas. However they have many demands.

Big east likely to add more teams, possibly service academies and ecu and ucf in order to stay together.

Not sure i like the chances of keeping our AQ in the future.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Andy Katz reporting that Uconn is working hard to get into the ACC.........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Espn just reporting oklahoma trying to keep big 12 together along with texas. However they have many demands.

Big east likely to add more teams, possibly service academies and ecu and ucf in order to stay together.

Not sure i like the chances of keeping our AQ in the future.

Without the PAC12 as leverage, OK is going to have a tough time with their demands.  B12 is going to be a very fragile situation the next couple years.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

oh snap. I guess this is good if USF gets invited to Big12, which I pray so hard for lol. Things are looking bleak.

• Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I guess that shuts down Big12, ACC, and SEC further expansion!

• Content Count:  12,293

Just saw it on ESPN.  Andy Katz said that it would do too much damage to the AZ schools, Colorado, and Utah to basically push them out of the west coast into these "pods"

they also said yes- even though it would increase revenue they would also have to split it 16 ways rather than 12 ways and the increase wouldnt be an increase per school based on that.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't like the addition of Air Force.

• Content Count:  120

Everyone should stop being so doom and gloom, the Big East hasn't released their strategy.  The Big 12 is still very much unstable and there is a better chance that the Big 12 will lose more teams before the Big East does.  The Big East needs to become very aggressive right now and give an ultimatum to Notre Dame; either you're in or you're out.  I would imagine they will have to give in considerably to Notre Dame's tv deal, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I don't agree with adding all of these C-USA teams that have been proposed by many on this board.  You will ultimately probably have to take a few, but if you go raiding the C-USA to fill out the Big East....it will just be another C-USA that is not AQ status.  And the most important mission in all of this, is to retain AQ status.

• Content Count:  12,293

and just so you know jim...someone beat you to the punch in the big east expansion thread. 

way too much info in that thread.  it goes to a new page every 2 minutes.  by the time you type your response you are responding to a post that is 3 pages behind.

Archived