• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

With MO going to the SEC, the Big 12 will have 8.  I can not accept that a possible Big East, Big 12 merger is dead due to geography- CUSA can make it work for God's sake.  John Marinatto and Dan Bebe should run for congress.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509

I thought Big East/B12 merger was the worst case scenario. This is a 100 times worse. Big East will still fall apart. WVU, UConn, Rutgers are as good as gone, and we wiil be stuck in Confererence USA Part Deux. The Big East cannot be saved.

• Content Count:  12,293

ChiTribHamilton Brian Hamilton

RT @ralphDrussoAP: Marinatto says Big East members have pledged to stay together & aggressively recruit replacements for Pitt, Syracuse

40 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is the worst possible outcome

Wouldn' t it be funny if ND decided to finally join the Big East full time and NBC thru some money at the Big East (keep in mind that Versus is owned by NBC and getting rebranded into NBC Sports Channel so they would be a 24/hr sports channel that would be able to show Thurs/Fri night games as well)

Pitt and Cuse would be punching themselves in the junk.

Fact is- ND is going to have to join a conference in football now.  As these conferences get bigger and bigger they aren't going to be able to schedule as big OOC games.  Obviously ND's WHOLE schedule is OOC games. 

• Content Count:  1,867

We need to get the hell out of the BE as the remaining 7 will. Who the hell wants to be in *** clown cusa

Who's going to take us? if the ACC/SEC/Big12 wanted us, they would have... lets face it, we need to make the BE work for the short/long-term till this whole wheel moves again...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They really need to tell Notre Dame all in or all out now!!

• Content Count:  270

lol, did they stop teaching French on campus?  Deaux, what the hell is that?  Try deux and don't capitalize it.  ;D

I don't speak French (obviously).  I just added a bunch of vowels and an X.  I figured I'd be close

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades, but not in conference realignment.

Better change it pronto, or we may not get an invite from the ACC.  ;)

It might hurt USF's future application to become an AAU member as well, lmao.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Well, I guess we might as well resign ourselves to the fact that UCF is going to be in the BE.

Archived