• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

This could really be GREAT news for USF.  I know many might be worried that UCF could be in the list of teams being added.. maybe maybe not.  But USF can really have time to grow and mature in the Big East.  We will get to pick and choose our times to play the big boys and have a legitimate shot at establishing ourselves before the next round of shakeups.

What about the B.E. long term viability as an AQ conference?  If they add a bunch of weaker teams just to up the number I see a darker future.

= -1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

Rutgers AD: "everybody is committed to recruiting top quality institutions" (paraphrasing cause on phone)

• Content Count:  1,867

If USF gets an invite from another conference it is time to run from the Big East.

I think the whole point is, we are not getting one...

If USF gets an invite from another conference it is time to run from the Big East.

god **** right

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

This could really be GREAT news for USF.  I know many might be worried that UCF could be in the list of teams being added.. maybe maybe not.  But USF can really have time to grow and mature in the Big East.  We will get to pick and choose our times to play the big boys and have a legitimate shot at establishing ourselves before the next round of shakeups.

What about the B.E. long term viability as an AQ conference?  If they add a bunch of weaker teams just to up the number I see a darker future.

I am not sure, i mean it is certainly a concern.  The thing is AQ status isn't really dependent on the median strength of the teams.  Frankly the middle of the pack BE team (USF) has been historically competitive with the middle of the pack of any other conference (SEC/ACC/B10).  AQ status is based on your top dawgs.  I am "hopefully" WVU, TCU, & (yes) USF can fortify that for the Big East.  We have shown an ability to run with the big dogs, not much more you can ask for than a chance to prove your worth.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I heard C-USA, Sun Belt had already offered.  I think Mountain West might consider us to get into the Tampa market!

Seriously... though, I think it is impossible to turn down an invitation to SEC or maybe even ACC now for USF.  But as many have pointed out, look what it did to Miami and FSU.  The revamped Big East may just be the perfect size pond for us for the next 5 - 10 years.  And heck, you really can't predict anythign beyond that.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

put me on record........i think notre dame and nbc/versus are making a play to counter this espn controlled realignment, i think nd agrees to join be with tv deal that is beneficial to them as a flagship but we have no choice

• Content Count:  1,867

I heard C-USA, Sun Belt had already offered.  I think Mountain West might consider us to get into the Tampa market!

Seriously... though, I think it is impossible to turn down an invitation to SEC or maybe even ACC now for USF.  But as many have pointed out, look what it did to Miami and FSU.  The revamped Big East may just be the perfect size pond for us for the next 5 - 10 years.  And heck, you really can't predict anythign beyond that.

Add 5 up and coming schools and see what we can build, we don't have to sweat the AQ till 2014, so lets see who gets the "Tap" on the shoulder to join... we live to fight another day...

• Content Count:  325

Sorry,  who drank the Koolaid,  

UMASS Villanova, Temple, Georgetown come on board.

Add 5 up and coming schools and see what we can build, we don't have to sweat the AQ till 2014, so lets see who gets the "Tap" on the shoulder to join... we live to fight another day...

No jason...I refuse to accept that

Archived