• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is possible that Louisville bails for the Big12. . . . regardless of what their rep said tonight in NYC.

I think it is possible that everything that was said in the meeting tonight was complete BS and most a waste of tax payer/donor dollars to fly all these people to NYC.

ever heard of a conference call or Skype even?  what about GoToMeeting.com?

really...fly together to tell each other a bunch of bullcrap???

You all know that if ACC/Big 10/SEC come calling you will jump like a fish out of water.

You know nothing about business.

right...i know enough to know that whatever these people spent 5K per person on to get to downtown NYC on last minutes notice is full of total BS.

so please tell me why i know nothing about business.  i'm curious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,451

Im in favor of joining the Big12 with tx txtech ok n okst still in the conference.  We would be in a conference which would not lose its AQ with TX and OK in the con.   Basketball would be good and baseball would be phenomenal. I like a north-south split putting us with the tx & one ok schools and ou, the ks's & ia teams with the oher BE teams.  Playing those schools in conference puts usf on equal recruitng gound with UF UM and FSU.    Adding teams to the BE only makes the conference weaker as in CUSA II.   And say bye bye birdie to the AQ and hello to crappy TV coverage.

• Content Count:  231

I think it is possible that Louisville bails for the Big12. . . . regardless of what their rep said tonight in NYC.

I think it is possible that everything that was said in the meeting tonight was complete BS and most a waste of tax payer/donor dollars to fly all these people to NYC.

really...fly together to tell each other a bunch of bullcrap??

You all know that if ACC/Big 10/SEC come calling you will jump like a fish out of water.

right...i know enough to know that whatever these people spent 5K per person on to get to downtown NYC on last minutes notice is full of total BS.

Matt.. I can't tell if youre a BE fan or a BE fan who isn't very smart

atleast you are paying attention....bravo

right...i know enough to know that whatever these people spent 10K per person on to get to downtown NYC on last minutes notice is full of total BS.

I am just telling you, big business doesn't handle this type or this important a meeting via Skype, etc..

I know they don't.  I wouldn't use Skype to talk to a client who is 2 countries away, let alone 2 minutes away.

But my point is....this meeting was nothing more than a publicity stunt and a waste of money.

really...fly together to tell each other a bunch of bullcrap??

Ironic isn't it?

slick...mikey was just responding to a comment i made about him a few hours ago.  i guess you arent very slick

by the way....Data...where did your post go?  I noticed you asked me if i would considering being a mod and how my perception would change...i respond to a few threads and then your post is deleted?

come on man.....you change your mind?  I was going to get around to responding to you.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

right...i know enough to know that whatever these people spent 10K per person on to get to downtown NYC on last minutes notice is full of total BS.

I am just telling you, big business doesn't handle this type or this important a meeting via Skype, etc..

I know they don't.  I wouldn't use Skype to talk to a client who is 2 countries away, let alone 2 minutes away.

But my point is....this meeting was nothing more than a publicity stunt and a waste of money.

Shocker in America? Land of opportunity for the entitled few. Just another night in Manhattan, Yawn....

But even if it was, for some, you have to go, no matter what the motives were at the meeting. 

too much politics.  same thing that is wrong with our country is wrong with college football.  no one willing to take a stand and say what they really feel.  just trying to follow the status quo.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEPTEMBER 22, 2011

Big East Planning 'Aggressive' Expansion

By KEVIN CLARK

After two high-profile schools departed for the ACC this week, and amid fears they could be left behind during college conference realignment, the Big East finally got good news late Tuesday night: some stability appears to be on the way.

Conference commissioner John Marinatto said that every remaining Big East school committed to staying in the conference during a meeting of athletic directors and university presidents at a New York hotel.

Marinatto said the Big East will launch an "aggressive and ambitious" plan to recruit more schools during a hectic time of realignment. The meeting featured only the football-playing schools, but Marinatto said the basketball-playing schools were on a conference call, in which they also pledged allegiance to the conference. TCU, which is scheduled to join the Big East next year, remains committed.

Rutgers president Richard McCormick said after the meeting Tuesday that he feels "very good" about the future of the conference, especially from his school's point of view.

Marinatto stopped short of naming any schools or even saying how many schools he would like to add, though he said the conference has been approached by a number of colleges about entry. He said there was no discussion at the meeting about possible ideas such as merging with another conference, but he said he's had "ongoing discussions" with other conferences.

He said he is pursuing new bylaws that would raise the exit fee for the conference, a move the ACC recently made. Syracuse and Pittsburgh announced over the weekend that they would join the ACC, but they are contractually obligated to stay until 2014. Marinatto said Tuesday he would enforce the contract.

Write to Kevin Clark at kevin.clark@wsj.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904194604576583670319616168.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Archived