• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

One thing that bothers me, is while the news outlets say that the Big East commissioner said that the schools committed to stay together, there's no direct quote to that.  The only quote I've seen is the one about being committed to finding new members, unless I've missed it

Doesn't matter. They can say they are committed, but as soon as something better came along they'd be out. The Big East is fundamentally broken.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sure and how many of those people had their hands behind their back with fingers crossed?

Pretty much. I don't doubt that the Commish is exaggerating a bit. UConn and Rutgers would jump if the ACC offered them a deal.

• Content Count:  1,027

According to this article a Big East representative said the sentiment amongst members was different than what Marinatto expressed.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/09/big-east-united-nations-conference-realignment/1

• Content Count:  325

According to this article a Big East representative said the sentiment amongst members was different than what Marinatto expressed.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/09/big-east-united-nations-conference-realignment/1

So Potato Head was the only one drinking the Koolaid, everyone else pour their cups into the plants

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Like I've said, they are committed in moving forward and committed in pursuing new members, but not necessarily committed to staying.

So that 14th slot in the SEC  is still open , does anyone have an email address for the SEC?

I hope that after the main meeting WVU, UoL and USF had a sidebar meeting on how to approach the Big XII

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

So that 14th slot in the SEC  is still open , does anyone have an email address for the SEC?

I think Missouri is still going. They have been wanting out for more than a year.

I think Missouri is still going. They have been wanting out for more than a year.

this guy thinks differently:

Posted: Today 2:34 AM

NYTimes Pete Thamel: I Would Be Stunned If Mizzou Is In SEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel

My final thought for the night is that I'll be STUNNED, after talking to 3 people today, if Mizzou ends up in SEC

Archived