• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Now I know the reason Brad created the Dumbgeon...........

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I dont give a crap if we play South Florida. I think it is a waste of a OOC game when we are playing schools like Texas, Florida, and Miami. Especially, when we sell out our on campus stadium next year and expand to 65,000 seats the following year.

If you don't care, then why are you here?

65,000 seats in 2008? Link?

You'll sell out the game against Texas and your student crowd will improve with the OCS, but the real test is you attendance against ECU, UAB, etc.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

UCF to the SEC........ ;D

Even IF that were to happen.... ;D.....that's just so funny

Ok...even IF

Think about what you are wishing for.....at best 4-8 seasons every year. That's IF you could win all of your OOC games. You may get lucky and get Vanderbilt or Kentucky but I think they would beat you.

I am a realistic fan. USF was lucky to be invited into the BCS and the whole Big East was lucky to have UWV beat Georgia. None the less, we played our cards right, we did surpass you. I know that is hard to accept....but really, you are probably better off where you are from a fan perspective than if you could join the SEC.

I wouldn't want USF to join the SEC....how much fun would that schedule be? Well who's going to beat the crap out of us this week. At least in C-USA you compete and have a chance at winning something. Would you give up your CUSA championship game to be 1-11 or 2-10 every year...even with the BCS check at the end of the year? Where's the joy in that. If that's the case, switch alligences to Vanderbilt.....REAL nice campus. Way prettier than USF or UCF. Their MBA degrees are also looked at much better in the business world.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I dont give a crap if we play South Florida. I think it is a waste of a OOC game when we are playing schools like Texas, Florida, and Miami. Especially, when we sell out our on campus stadium next year and expand to 65,000 seats the following year.

If you don't care, then why are you here?

65,000 seats in 2008? Link?

You'll sell out the game against Texas and your student crowd will improve with the OCS, but the real test is you attendance against ECU, UAB, etc.

Yeah...sounds like a fire-up fan might of hit the juice a tad early on this one.

Personally, I hope UCF doesn't start their stadium expansion until UCF can have 4-5 straight years of sellouts..and just like Louisville "build up" the waiting list so when you do expand...most of the seats are already sold.

FYI...for those who haven't seen UCF's finished plans for the 65,000 seat expansion (hopefully not till 2012-2015 or so), here's the link and directions to find UCF's 65,000 stadium at 360 Architects (minus the future brickwork provided by another company):

http://www.360architects.com/

Click Enter

Click Our Work

Click play

Select 3rd to last project from right (circles)

http://www.360architects.com/

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

UCF wont be BCS. There is no more room in the Big 4.  :'(

Butt there is room for them in the Little "3".... FAU, FIU & ucf..... ;D

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  65

I am so sorry I started this thread.  My intention was to show that both of our schools are on the way up.  So why keep denying our natural rivalry, just because there is some unwritten code that says if you play someone on a 1 and 1 basis you believe they are an equal.

UCF wants this annual game because we have a long history and know what its like to not have a rivalry game.  

Heres some news for you USF, Miami has their rivals VT and FSU, UF has theirs UGA and FSU...

You're 80 friggin miles away, you dont like us, we dont like you....so lets settle it on the field each year.  

College athletics has become about so much crap that has nothing to do with the game.  TV market size, facilities, recruiting, salaries----who the f cares!  Play the game, if you win you can gloat---I havent read one post from a UCF fan who claims to be better than you.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I havent read one post from a UCF fan who claims to be better than you.

um.... jdbash? He claims to be almighty UCF.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I dont give a crap if we play South Florida. I think it is a waste of a OOC game when we are playing schools like Texas, Florida, and Miami.

With such a great upcoming schedule, then, why come here and beg for the game? Why have your bloated coach run his media tour begging for the game?  Why have State Senator Lee Constantine feel the need to LEGISLATE the game if UCF fans "don't give a crap?"

You DO give a crap.  We are all you think about.

I am not going to sit and beg for a game against USF.

Of course not.  Let your coaches and AD do that.

And if your feelings are hurt regarding our comments and attitude towards UCF, perhaps you should revisit some of the quotes coming out of UCF about USF back in 1998, 1999.  They're practically identical, only this time you're here begging us to take you seriously and back then we didn't give a crap what you guys thought.

By the way, I don't know where you're getting your info, but UCF is NOT the 10th largest TV market in the nation.  Try 20th.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Closest thing to a USF baby football rivalry might be Louisville especially if USF wins or is highly competitive at Papa John's Stad in Nov.  IMO, a rivalry is where both teams' players & fans look forward to playing the game and it's outcome reflects conference championship and/or recruiting territory bragging rights.  USF does not want this game so it's not a rivalry.  I have no problem with the game but the front office does which means 'nuff said for me.

PS  Seems funny that when USF was touting it's TV market rating for the BE slot, it wasn't a big deal or was actually poopoo'd by our favorite obsessed UCF'rs.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Closest thing to a USF baby football rivalry might be Louisville especially if USF wins or is highly competitive at Papa John's Stad in Nov.  IMO, a rivalry is where both teams' players & fans look forward to playing the game and it's outcome reflects conference championship and/or recruiting territory bragging rights.  USF does not want this game so it's not a rivalry.  I have no problem with the game but the front office does which means 'nuff said for me.

PS  Seems funny that when USF was touting it's TV market rating for the BE slot, it wasn't a big deal or was actually poopoo'd by our favorite obsessed UCF'rs.

Then the front office along with braggart fans are affraid of losing to UCF.....they would rather play the Wofford's and McNeeese's.