• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Moot. 7 pages of moot-itude. Why?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

if UCF pulled an upset over USF this year, im sure there would be fans storming the field, not all, but bobby jo and freaks like him would be out there...also this message board would never hear the end of it.  A UCF upset over USF would be a MAJOR upset.  USF is expected to beat UCF, not the other way around.  Bobby Jo would probably gaureentee a National Championship in 5 years, why not, 65K next year?  the the SEC? imagine the possibilities next? :D

That OCS you guys are building is pretty nice looking i must admit, but I can assure you that USF will have have their own soon enough, when the time comes.  Doug Woolard has mentioned it himself when refering to the "everchanging footprint" of USF....

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I am so sorry I started this thread.  My intention was to show that both of our schools are on the way up.

OM, no apologies necessary. What you have to understand is that this board has been inundated with whining UCFers for years, trying desperately to knock down USF and it's pretty much impossible to have a civil conversation on THIS board. There is a State of Florida Board where you can sometimes get into a decent conversation but Kanigits like Knight_Light and turkeysoup have put a horrible taste in THIS board's mouth about UCFers ....

Sad, isn't it?  I like quality conversation, but then there are lamers on both sides who urinate on it such as this UCF guy who is really lame and Wannabe, who lowers the average intelligence at USF.

It wasn't this UCF guy, DP. O_M came in pretty innocently. The wanker you're thinking of is the JD's Rash person ...

Yeah, that JD guy is who I was referring to.  Wow, what an idiot.  He's spouting crap without knowing any of the required knowledge to back it up.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he actually could hold his own, but his retardation is starting to climb up towards flsportsfan's level.  That's a bad sign.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

How many other USF games are you comparing the atmosphere to? Was it the mass exodus of fans before the end of the 3rd quarter that made it so exciting? While the crowd was smaller the following week I can assure you the atmosphere was far more electric for Louisville and anyone in attendance for both would tell you the same thing. Just out of curiosity what kind of exciding celebration followed the USF victory over UCF? Did anyone try to storm the field? Did anyone care?
USF fans confuse "need" with "want".  UCF wants the game and I do to.  UCF does not NEED the game.  Beating USF means nothing to the UCF program other than a win against another DI school.  It would be far more prestigious for us to beat Ole Miss or a true BCS program that has been around for years (not year).

If any of you USF fans that do not want this game can honestly say you attended the game in September and it felt just like ANY other game, then I am fine with cancelling it.  If you were at that game and did NOT feel the energy and atmosphere in the crowd at the beginning of the game, then I will assume you sat on the USF side inbetween the goalines.  Because that is about the ONLY place that wasn't rocking.

That place was electric that night, no doubt.  Maybe Wofford can replicate that.  I doubt it.

About as much as we will care if we beat USF this year

Your very presence here belies that statement ....... twit.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

If USF beats UCF, we get absolutely no credit for doing anything more than what we're supposed to do.

If UCF wins, it doesn't elevate them, it just drags us down.  

Doesn't sound like a rivalry game to me.  

UCF was sitting on a gold-mine in the central florida area.  Through decades of bad business decisions, and scandals they have fought their way to mediocrity.  It was **** or get off the pot time for UCF 10 years ago.  They failed to utilize the opportunity that existed.  

If the bad decisions continue (and giving O'Leary an absurd chunk of your athletic budget shows they are) then FIU and FAU are both poised to be the next schools to leapfrog UCF.  

USF needs to talk to BCS schools for scheduling an annual rivalry.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

USF: University of Suspected Felons

Listen here, Bobby Jo, how in the world can you play this card WHEN A COP WAS KILLED IN YOUR PARKING LOT AT ONE OF YOUR HOME GAMES??!!!

Isn't it time to pick up your sister from high school and head off to the lake?

Uh nojo, the cop was sadly killed in a parking lot of the Citrus Bowl which is in NO WAY affiliated with the University of Central Florida.

Push away from the fryer grease a little faster, Bubba Jo, apparently it's melting your ear wax and causing what's left of the brains your mama/sister bestowed on you....read on (or ask some USF neighbor you may have - s/he'd be the one in the nicer house up the hill - to read to you).  CLEARLY, this death was in no way affiliated with Florida Tech University/ Orlando U/ Orlando College...UCF Officer Mistakenly Shot And Killed By Orlando Police  

Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 09:42 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A University of Central Florida police officer was shot to death by an Orlando police officer outside the Citrus Bowl as fans were arriving for a college football game Saturday, authorities said.

Dennis Smith, a reserve officer for the Orlando Police Department who had retired after 25 years on the force, was put on administrative leave after shooting Mario Jenkins before the University of Central Florida's football home opener.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Yeah, that JD guy is who I was referring to.  Wow, what an idiot.  He's spouting crap without knowing any of the required knowledge to back it up.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if he actually could hold his own, but his retardation is starting to climb up towards flsportsfan's level.  That's a bad sign.

You need to drag him over to the Poo Flinging Board .... He's getting his brains bashed out here. He and 83 are perfect for each other.

We want him as much as bird flu.  Let's just disown both of them. ;)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

USF: University of Suspected Felons

Listen here, Bobby Jo, how in the world can you play this card WHEN A COP WAS KILLED IN YOUR PARKING LOT AT ONE OF YOUR HOME GAMES??!!!

Isn't it time to pick up your sister from high school and head off to the lake?

Uh nojo, the cop was sadly killed in a parking lot of the Citrus Bowl which is in NO WAY affiliated with the University of Central Florida.

No... they only play games there and it was during a UCF game.  You are a funny guy  ::)

Moot. 7 pages of moot-itude. Why?

Sure. Introduce logic here why don't ya?

I mean, one has to realize that about 90% of the posts on this board are fairly irrelevant in the big picture.  The 10% that includes real news and information makes it worth weeding through all the crap.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Jeez!  I've been on here...hmmm...5-6 years or so?  This poor dead horse!!  Is there really anything left of it?  Are we grinding the bones, now?  Anymore and we'll need Ray and Egon to bust out their power packs and capture the horse's ghost!!

Anyway....going wayyyyy back to page one and the 1st post by Orlando Man....I do remember the 1-AA rivalries back in the early 90's and D-2 fits with Troy (no internet banter then)...but I don't ever recall any Auburn or Ga Tech rivalries...not even a hint.  We had some nail biters with them...but that's all I remember.

Also...to be honest...growing up in Orlando...I rooted for UCF as being the local team...but they were D-2 and 1-AA.  I was primarily a Gator fan...until I went and graduated from UCF, of course.  But the one thing we missed was having a true rival.  Growing up a Gator fan...I hated FSU and Tenn!  So I missed that feeling from UCF...and got excited (as most UCF fans did) when we heard about USF starting up football and knew USF was gearing for 1-A ball in a short time.  So when USF started refusing to play UCF...it was a slap in the face.  That's why there's so much tension here...if USF had played UCF all along...I highly doubt these threads would even exist.

To make a long story short...to me...now we've played once and we've got our home game this year.  If it doesn't continue....we'll still play football and that's all that really matters.  I personally do think the game makes sense and most people agree.  But whatever...USF wants to ride the coat tails of the Big 3 and rub elbows there...while UCF has been there...we're deciding to make something of ourselves..for ourselves...on our own.  

We definately don't need USF...the one game we've played at USF isn't building our stadium, arena or any other facility on campus.  UCF's doing just fine on our own.  We just see it as a football game between two neighboring schools and a lot of fun for fans and everyone.