• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/31/2006 at 1:39 PM, jdbash said:

Never said I was better than anyone. Actually, I said USF had the better football team and that in the future we will have the better program.

Ok...let's compare how many conf titles your team has since you wrote this post in 2006.

I am waiting.............

Still waiting.............

You still there????

I could start to list UCF's Conf Titles since then (let alone UCF's FOUR Conference Titles when the Knights and the cows have been conference members) but that might take too long to list them all.

Please tell us another story about usf's "future" success.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, usf97 said:

The one fun thing about these old threads is to compare reality versus expectations. 

It's been 12 years. Still on the outside looking in. 

UCF will be playing in their 3rd BCS/NYD6 Bowl in the last 6 years...while usf is still waiting for their first EVER conf title, let alone their first ever DIVISIONAL title.

One program is knocking on the door...while another one doesn't even know where the door is located or what it even looks like.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Knightlight, you have been flaming away on USF for what, about 20 years now? When I think about the typical UCF fan, I think of you. I recall you griping about Leavitt and how much USF was scared to play UCF back on the ESPN Go forums back in the 90's. 

Isn't it time to grow up? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

Knightlight, you have been flaming away on USF for what, about 20 years now? When I think about the typical UCF fan, I think of you. I recall you griping about Leavitt and how much USF was scared to play UCF back on the ESPN Go forums back in the 90's. 

Isn't it time to grow up? 

Wow, the ESPN Go forums .... that was my first exposure to the plague that is Kanigit fans, even though way back then I wasn't even really sure what a UCF was. Only one I remember from those boards was the ultra **** head Helwig. Makes perfect sense that our little buddy K_L was hanging there, too.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, usf97 said:

When I think about the typical UCF fan, I think of you.

Gee...thanks!!!

It's been an amazing journey for me...as I've watched sooo many games (many wins and yes, plenty of heartbreat), but that's what makes my journey soooo enjoyable.

When I was in school...I had a blast cheering for "Division II" UCF. It was a thrill...still remember my first game when UCF beat BCC for the very first time on a LONG 53 yd FG on the final play of the game.

Flash forward to seeing Div II Attendance records...to making Div I-AA Playoffs...and then finally getting to Div I-A with Daunte Culpepper to beating Defending SEC Champion Alabama on their Homecoming Day...to joining a conf and finally having yearly rivals (like Marshall in the MAC and then in CUSA), to hearing about UCF building their own on-campus stadium...at the SAME TIME, UCF was building their beautiful new 10,000 seat arena that was the centerpiece of their cool new Athletic Village on Campus...to seeing UCF host the 2005 National Champion Texas Longhorns on Opening Day of Brighthouse Network Stadium...to seeing in-person at our on-campus stadium...winning Conf Championships after Conf Championships...to seeing UCF IN-PERSON their first ever bowl game victory...to seeing IN-PERSON UCF's first ever BCS Bowl Game AND Victory...to seeing in-person, UCF go undefeated in back-to-game seasons...plus seeing UCF win their 2nd NYD6/BCS Bowl Game in 5 years...and now UCF is set to play in their 3rd NYD6/BCS Bowl game in the last 6 seasons.

Thanks for "thinking" about me and my journey....its been one hell of a ride...and I hope it doesn't end anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Knight_Light said:

Gee...thanks!!!

It's been an amazing journey for me...as I've watched sooo many games (many wins and yes, plenty of heartbreat), but that's what makes my journey soooo enjoyable.

When I was in school...I had a blast cheering for "Division II" UCF. It was a thrill...still remember my first game when UCF beat BCC for the very first time on a LONG 53 yd FG on the final play of the game.

Flash forward to seeing Div II Attendance records...to making Div I-AA Playoffs...and then finally getting to Div I-A with Daunte Culpepper to beating Defending SEC Champion Alabama on their Homecoming Day...to joining a conf and finally having yearly rivals (like Marshall in the MAC and then in CUSA), to hearing about UCF building their own on-campus stadium...at the SAME TIME, UCF was building their beautiful new 10,000 seat arena that was the centerpiece of their cool new Athletic Village on Campus...to seeing UCF host the 2005 National Champion Texas Longhorns on Opening Day of Brighthouse Network Stadium...to seeing in-person at our on-campus stadium...winning Conf Championships after Conf Championships...to seeing UCF IN-PERSON their first ever bowl game victory...to seeing IN-PERSON UCF's first ever BCS Bowl Game AND Victory...to seeing in-person, UCF go undefeated in back-to-game seasons...plus seeing UCF win their 2nd NYD6/BCS Bowl Game in 5 years...and now UCF is set to play in their 3rd NYD6/BCS Bowl game in the last 6 seasons.

Thanks for "thinking" about me and my journey....its been one hell of a ride...and I hope it doesn't end anytime soon.

Use some more ellipses in your post.

Edited by Capital H

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Knight_Light said:

Gee...thanks!!!

And yet you are still here begging for our approval.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I remember first seeing UCF come out of left field on Auman's articles in the Times back in the day...I was like ok, there is a school in Orlando and why the hell is every fan from there acting like a 5 year old that got a hold of a crack pipe???