• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Let's roll back the calendar a year and ftu/ou/oc was staring at the nation's longest losing streak and o'liar was wondering whether to have gin or vodka with his corn flakes while he was rewriting his resume to counteract the disaster he was facing....POOF, add in a horrendous conference, some desperate alumni and all of a sudden, ftu/ou/oc is looking for a big rivalry game.   Hey, what happened to the start of that big series with Tennessee, if they were so desperate for a big time rivalry? Maybe a creative marketing mind could have found a way to have an annual mass wedding of all the UT and ftu/ou/oc brothers and sisters at halftime for both sides to really cement the epic moments and memories?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Just something to think about.

Are any of those 1-1's?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I personally agree with Sherrif. Play these guys in and out. Just to show who is dominant. AND Orlando is right. It is like another home game. Only one thing Orlando. On your list of 5, 4 out of five isn't bad! Figure it out!  But I say I also agree with Steve on this one. I would rather us play UCF than Woof Woof Wofford any day!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60

You guys at USF are hilarious. There is like 1 of 100 fans that is actually in reality in realizing that just because you became BCS that you are not top of the world. Let me put some things into perspective for those of you that are morons.

First, we dont BEG anyone. The media has blown this up. We do however push for things that make sense like forming a natural rivalry

Two, we have already booked Texas, Florida, and Miami as our OOC. You guys have a cake OOC. You sit here and talk smack about not playing a non-BCS and you have scheduled several cake, non-BCS schools. Honestly, it makes you look like an idiot because your logic is failing you.

Three, as arrogant as you are, you will be passed by UCF, if not already on terms of mind placement of the rest of the state and incoming students/recruits...read: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/15154840.htm

USF is like 6-years removed from D2.

and let me state this....

Four, the only reason you guys are even able to talk smack is because we made a bonehead move in conference affiliation. UCF from the aspect of sending players to the NFL, facilities, academics, campus life, coaching and AD credibility are better than USF. USF has two ace's in the hole a victory against us and BCS status.

Five, its funny how with this BCS status you guys talk down to UCF when ultimately if you polled the state of Florida, they would say UCF will be the 4th of the big 4. I mean seriously, with that BCS your in the Big East. Do you know some of you are saying that because WVU beat Auburn that the big east is better than the SEC!!?!

I have spent plenty of time talking with UF, FSU, UM fans and I have to tell you.outside of that one guy who made sense on the post, you all are the most big-headed, unrealistic fans I have ever spoken with.

LAST,

why would we be begging you for a 12th game when we have TEXAS, TENNESSEE, MIAMI, NC STATE, FLORIDA as either already booked or potential OOC games. The only reason we want to play you is for a natural rivalry. As stated by anonymous, "USF aint worth no stinking two-fers.

See you on the field big heads

So your point is we should try to build a rivalry with Louisville, WV, Pitt etc? I could not agree more, thanks.

Um. No.  You really do not understand what it means to be a rival, do you?

First, we won't have a "rivalry" with those teams.  Why?  Because they are so far away.  Only Notre Dame can have long distance rivialries.  To have a real rivalry, there needs to be a lot of overlap among the hometowns and high schools of the players involved.  You also need to have significant ability for the visiting school's fans to make a road trip.

Second, with five OOC games - including trying to land 3 of those at home every other year, I fail to understand why we should avoid UCF.  Puc said that beggars can't be choosers -- well, USF is actually in the begging position, with three open dates on our schedule in 2007.

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Just something to think about.

Are any of those 1-1's?

All of them are alternatining home and away series.  None of them have more games at home than away... except VT-ECU has a neutral site game at Charlotte next year.  ECU also has a couple of 2-2s with UNC and NCState.

So if 3 ACC teams can schedule 1-1 series with a C-USA team, why should USF demand a 2-1 ??

USF is like 6-years removed from D2.

USF has NEVER BEEN D2.  Unlike UCF, USF has NEVER BEEN anything less than D1.  (USF was I-AA from 1997 to 2000 -- far far less time than UCF spent in the minor leagues.)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Four, the only reason you guys are even able to talk smack is because we made a bonehead move in conference affiliation. UCF from the aspect of sending players to the NFL, facilities, academics, campus life, coaching and AD credibility are better than USF. USF has two ace's in the hole a victory against us and BCS status.

LAST,

why would we be begging you for a 12th game when we have TEXAS, TENNESSEE, MIAMI, NC STATE, FLORIDA as either already booked or potential OOC games. The only reason we want to play you is for a natural rivalry. As stated by anonymous, "USF aint worth no stinking two-fers.

See you on the field big heads

Nice points, billy bob....sure, other than the fact you got whipped on the field AND you have no chance for a national championship or to be in a major bowl game (really, what does that matter to recruits anyways, if they can play a game 20 minutes from WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!), sure, makes no difference whatsoever. You'd better get back to work, the menu board needs to be changed from "EggMcMuffin" to "Big Mac", LUNCH HOUR IS COMING!

oh, and for the tennessee game, is that this year's game, after you ladies chickened out?

FTU/OU/OC "We might be short, but we're slow!  Go TEAM!"

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Does it mean to play a team once in a game that was not competitive?

So your point is we should try to build a rivalry with Louisville, WV, Pitt etc? I could not agree more, thanks.

Um. No.  You really do not understand what it means to be a rival, do you?

First, we won't have a "rivalry" with those teams.  Why?  Because they are so far away.  Only Notre Dame can have long distance rivialries.  To have a real rivalry, there needs to be a lot of overlap among the hometowns and high schools of the players involved.  You also need to have significant ability for the visiting school's fans to make a road trip.

Second, with five OOC games - including trying to land 3 of those at home every other year, I fail to understand why we should avoid UCF.  Puc said that beggars can't be choosers -- well, USF is actually in the begging position, with three open dates on our schedule in 2007.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Let's play them year in and year out and further prove our dominance. If we can't beat an instate CUSA team that we compete for recruits against, what is the point of even playing. There is nothing better knowing we smacked their asses all over RayJ last season. Why not do it every year? I enjoy heckling UCF during baseball, hoops, and whatever other sport we play them in... we have not established ourselves as a fourth power in the state yet... we were lucky to get in the Big East. When we constantly pound the Rutgers, UConn's, and the UCF's of the world, then we should talk about the Big Four. The last two seasons have done nothing to establish us as the next best thing in Florida. Hell, even Leavitt said last year's squad wasn't his best... and we sucked in 2004... so that must mean we have regressed in the previous two seasons. We need to get our **** together and start spanking the little boys of the world, and then we can hold our heads high... A fluke win against Louisville will only go so far when you lose to a UConn or a downtrodden Pitt squad.

I have no problem with this as long as UCF agrees to drop this "Rivals" thing.  They're here to be slapped around by us and that is about it.

I can not think of one moment in 27 years of being a Bulls fan that I ever thought of UCF being a rival.  At the same time today, I don't see it.  We have generally dominated them in every sport we've played them.  I think we would be silly to call that a rivalry.  That would be like calling your little sister a rival.  

Aside from the football game this year, I honestly can not tell you when we play them next in any sport.  

Unfortunately for UCF, the admiration is not a two-way street.