• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Actually word is that it is these are pretty close to the options as these have been floated to the big donors

interesting. does the source for this have any info on if the big donors have liked these?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

You know, I used to think people were overselling the idea of seatbacks. Now, in my late 30s, and having sat in bleachers through many of my kids' sports games ... we need some kind of seatbacks. My back can barely make through an hour long practice in the bleachers, let alone a 3 hour game

A lot of college football stadiums with an abundance of bleacher seating rent those portable seat backs for you oldsters ....

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

interesting. does the source for this have any info on if the big donors have liked these?

I have no idea about that.    

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Actually word is that it is these are pretty close to the options as these have been floated to the big donors

I've heard there are more than a few of these mockups with various features that were put out there for the stadium committee to see what would potentially look like what. In all honesty, the bottom right mockup doesn't seem feasible in a state where a hurricane would make that an awful wind tunnel and risk potential damage to the overhang and everything underneath it.

Don't be surprised to see aspects of this worked into the eventual renders, but I don't foresee the final render being even 80 percent like these personally.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I've heard there are more than a few of these mockups with various features that were put out there for the stadium committee to see what would potentially look like what. In all honesty, the bottom right mockup doesn't seem feasible in a state where a hurricane would make that an awful wind tunnel and risk potential damage to the overhang and everything underneath it.

Don't be surprised to see aspects of this worked into the eventual renders, but I don't foresee the final render being even 80 percent like these personally.

If they can put retractable awnings on an RV let's hire Winnebago to design our stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If they can put retractable awnings on an RV let's hire Winnebago to design our stadium.

Make sure they are green & gold awnings. Winnebago Stadium has a nice Bull ring to it 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

A lot of college football stadiums with an abundance of bleacher seating rent those portable seat backs for you oldsters ....

Got to make some extra money in top of those season ticket sales. I have heard the NIL program will rent you a special seat back sponsored by the players for double the price. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

65%; away in the exposed area.... It should be better spread out like Hard Rock Stadium with the sun and rain being allowed to hit the opposing team

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Make sure they are green & gold awnings. Winnebago Stadium has a nice Bull ring to it 

This stadium needs to be classy.......let's go with Airstream instead

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

I've always hated those rental seats.  Besides not being very comfortable, they remove another 2-3" from the legroom for the guy sitting behind.  In this day and age, build a stadium with real seats, seat backs and bleachers.  People can make their choice and purchase what they are comfortable with and can afford.  There should be no rental seats in a new stadium as these came about to make donors and STHs feel better about themselves in older bleacher-only stadiums.  Let's go - shovels in the ground, cranes in the sky!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1