• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

For me, Shade is a must for any stadium in Florida. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Thanks Jim. Can we start a serious Needs/Wants/Wishes thread that can be extended to admin/Populous? :) 

(serious meaning any comment not providing ideas / constructive feedback should be deleted. Make it templated like the game day predictions threads)

Seat backs. At least in non-student areas.  I don't need arm rests or cup holders or padded seats -- but past the age of 50, I need to be able to sit and have back support at least part of the time (TV timeouts, halftime, 4th quarter blowouts, etc). The portable seats that some older stadiums offer are terrible. Make them like the old Tampa Stadium.

tampa-stadium-before-a-soccer-match-between-costa-rica-and-the-usa-on-may-28-1995-in-tampa-florida-costa-rica-won-2-1-2GCN8NG.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Seat backs. At least in non-student areas.  I don't need arm rests or cup holders or padded seats -- but past the age of 50, I need to be able to sit and have back support at least part of the time (TV timeouts, halftime, 4th quarter blowouts, etc). The portable seats that some older stadiums offer are terrible. Make them like the old Tampa Stadium.

tampa-stadium-before-a-soccer-match-between-costa-rica-and-the-usa-on-may-28-1995-in-tampa-florida-costa-rica-won-2-1-2GCN8NG.jpg

I feel you. I just realized that the year the stadium opens is the year I turn 50. Seat backs please . 

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So we'll finally learn that the IBG isn't under those fields. No excuses now like basketball.

I’d pay an extra $4 million for them to tunnel over to the Yuengling Center and check that out too.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,364
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I feel you. I just realized that the year the stadium opens is the year I turn 50. Seat backs please . 

So we can schedule  a conference championship by your 75th birthday.

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

For me, Shade is a must for any stadium in Florida. 

It should be shaded except for the   away band and fans away section.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,364
  • Days Won:  25

19 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

So we are paying $22 million just for the plans?

Hopefully this helps boost interest in the team locally and the players desire to win .

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

16 hours ago, Bear said:

Please, no lazy river suggestions

Nah, we need a "Bay" in front of the stadium. Then we can really sell the whole "Come to the Bay" and "Stay in the Bay" and "Defend the Bay" and "Bay Made" and ... etc. etc. etc.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

You know, I used to think people were overselling the idea of seatbacks. Now, in my late 30s, and having sat in bleachers through many of my kids' sports games ... we need some kind of seatbacks. My back can barely make through an hour long practice in the bleachers, let alone a 3 hour game

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I was talking about this with a buddy a couple weeks back and his hypothesis was that Brown is our QB1 and Gerry is back for another year to be a backup and work on his coaching chops. Definitely makes sense. 

I'm glad I am not having to make this decision, but I would roll with Brown. That being said, I was a GB homer.