• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Think about it. Pre USF football, we could have easily walked right past one another and never batted an eye. The interwebs and USF football did a service in bringing together this digital community.  Don't know if you recall, but heap many moons ago, you had a homie who owned (managed?) a restaurant over on Fowler Avenue and we had a small watch party there, maybe around a dozen or so folks. That's where I met MikeG, and pretty sure, that's where you and I first shook hands.  

But yes, I think humanity was spared by virtue of us not being bound by the Yucatan Liquor Stand. Things generally work out for the best. 

Drunk Cinco De Mayo GIF by Tyler Resty

Well, I would recognize you. You're Sam the Sham

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,883
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, USF968 said:

My buddy got punched in the face outside UA Hangout on a nickel beer night! Good times.

I remember getting thrown out of a few places but getting booted from CC’s was the most memorable.  The meathead bouncers would pick you up and throw you out on (literally) that front deck where there at times was a line of people waiting to get in.  I would get up and brush myself off and tell the crowd I planned on leaving anyways, good times. To be young again. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, TyBull said:

Jimmy Buffett at the Empty Keg

Really?  I worked for SGP and remember him playing on the soccer field in 76 or 77.  The empty keg was great for slappy hour on Fridays, 10 cent beer and the floor ended up like a skating rink.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

21 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Really?  I worked for SGP and remember him playing on the soccer field in 76 or 77.  The empty keg was great for slappy hour on Fridays, 10 cent beer and the floor ended up like a skating rink.

Hopefully they bring Buffet back to help open the OCS..

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, Outlaw said:

Any from the 2000s remember UA hangout/The Bull's Run/The Bull's Club that had nickel beers ?  Also Tia Tia's used to get wild when it turned into a bad at night. You would always find some players there in their under armor track suits after a big win hanging out with the college kids. My last beer there was with Grothe after beating KU with that dramatic finish.

yeah Tia's was a good one. UA on nickel beer night was rowdy and they had a great beer pong night too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

On 3/11/2023 at 5:20 PM, Friscobull said:

I remember getting thrown out of a few places but getting booted from CC’s was the most memorable.  The meathead bouncers would pick you up and throw you out on (literally) that front deck where there at times was a line of people waiting to get in.  I would get up and brush myself off and tell the crowd I planned on leaving anyways, good times. To be young again. 

Ha.  CCs.  Yeah, that place spelled trouble all around.  Got mighty stupid there many times.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

For a bit of nostalgia - CDB's Pizza - Kobe Italian   13505 Icot Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760

Highly doubt it's the same vibe, but was told they have all the old recipes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I like what Hawaii is thinking.... 3 sides shaded.... Away side exposed to the elements and am entertainment district out front. Add in some water features, palm trees, and some slick architecture.... The club section could wrap around all 3 sides. The video board could wrap around the open section and tuck a couple under the awning like they have at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami .... That lawn could turn into an amphitheater for outdoor plays and concerts.... (And, cough... Cough... College Game Day)... You can see the video board is two sided for movies, concerts, lighting games, sold out FB games, and probably great pre-game events. Hell, toss in a few restaurants/bar too that generate revenue year round

NASED-Aerial-Rendering-Stadium-scaled.jpg

XD7HVNYKCJAUBD52C45MYZDW54.jpg

Football.jpg

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

18 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I like what Hawaii is thinking.... 3 sides shaded.... Away side exposed to the elements and am entertainment district out front. Add in some water features, palm trees, and some slick architecture.... The club section could wrap around all 3 sides. The video board could wrap around the open section and tuck a couple under the awning like they have at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami .... That lawn could turn into an amphitheater for outdoor plays and concerts.... (And, cough... Cough... College Game Day)... You can see the video board is two sided for movies, concerts, lighting games, sold out FB games, and probably great pre-game events. Hell, toss in a few restaurants/bar too that generate revenue year round

Just remember ... that is all OFF campus and not being driven by the University of Hawaii.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

17 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Just remember ... that is all OFF campus and not being driven by the University of Hawaii.

Fully understand but we can surely knock it off and our student body is large enough. Plus we can draw performers..... Toss is an awning over the board to shade it for a better view.... The U shape overhang could be shaped like the iconic USF U.... Football operations can back right up to the stadium 

46fb1b8d973d8de6ebb4f8bb188a67177ead8d90.jpg

bzz6wvokgkigcki5pvfe.jpg

Edited by Skingraft