• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

Shade/Beer garden/kid zone

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

11 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

What does everyone want to see in the new USF football stadium? I'll be in a focus group the designers are holding on Monday, and I'll pass on all the suggestions. Top wishes? What should be in it? What should it look like? Attractions? Ways to keep alumni involved and attract students to spend time there? Ways to make gameday better? Any and all ideas and feedback appreciated!

water fountains

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Hopefully the field brings nothing but good fortunes for USF.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

water fountains

Lots of them, specifically the bottle filling ones like Elkay or a similar design 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

11 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

What does everyone want to see in the new USF football stadium? I'll be in a focus group the designers are holding on Monday, and I'll pass on all the suggestions. Top wishes? What should be in it? What should it look like? Attractions? Ways to keep alumni involved and attract students to spend time there? Ways to make gameday better? Any and all ideas and feedback appreciated!

Alumni + Students - We need some cool traditions around the campus that move toward the stadium as the day goes on.  Can we have ways to get the alumni out to where the students are?  As for the stadium itself it needs to be as open air as possible.  Obviously include some monuments within the stadium honoring the history of USF football.  The Braves stadium up here has an area where you can see some of the old uniforms and things.  I may have hallucinated that, but if so it's a great idea.

We need to have ways for old school fans and alumni to donate / brick road, brick wall or something where people can get their names in there.  Raymond James does not feel like "our" stadium.

It's all about building a different vibe that is totally it's own experience than the current one or any other sports experience in Tampa Bay.  It should feel like you are part of a different community.  Given the fact that you have a whole campus to use and the fact that it is a university, there's a lot to work with there.

Win or lose, can people have fun hanging out all day there for a good price?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I like the idea of a gathering area, berm, etc.  People flock to areas where you can stand around and congregate, maybe some bar height railings with bar tops on them on the edges of the concourses, similar to what the Rays have in the outfield, and Lightning have in the corners.  Also I love when the concourses are open and have a view of the field area.  Shade is a must, if there is a way to design the stadium for maximum natural airflow to keep it cooled off, that would be great. I think they did that for the World Cup venues in Qatar to mitigate the high temps.   

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Colorado State has a great stadium design also....some sort of shade incorporated be nice cause it can get brutal here for noon games.  For basic design hopefully avoid a large bowl design...and go for multi level design like a mini Ray Jay but holds 35k or so.

I'm ok with bench seating in some ares to save cost.

1. Must have good wifi

2. Good video scoreboards.

3. Different varieties for food options...lease out some to a food truck company for games. 

4. Absolutely no chain link in the stadium...reaks of cheap for a stadium. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, 2000bull said:

water fountains

See, this is the kind of advantage you get when you take time to plan in getting an ocs instead of hurriedly slapping together some piece of **** erector set ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

See, this is the kind of advantage you get when you take time to plan in getting an ocs instead of hurriedly slapping together some piece of **** erector set ....

I mean what can go wrong with Florida heat, hot  metal bleachers, and limited water fountains?

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Build Ray Jay but with green seats. Easy. Eliminate the club on the one side and the upper deck.

• Upvote 2