• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I read this and think "yikes." Fingers crossed.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

I am not terribly worried about the offense after looking at the depth chart. 

I would like a more traditional approach to the D, and go with a 4-3. I don’t feel like our DLine is tough enough to go three, our LBs will manage better with 3 instead of 4, our DBs are ok, still don’t like the S situation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Curious how Michel Dukes gets bumped all the way down to #6 RB?

247 says, 5-10/198#'s  "Ripped physique but could add 10+ pounds and play at 205. Highly productive. Quick feet and makes cuts without losing speed. Plus vision and patient. Comfortable between tackles. Can get to edge. Runs though arm tackles. A one-cut runner at line of scrimmage. Understands how to set up blocks. Runs balanced and without wasted movement." And then turn right around and, "Played against questionable competition. Unproven pass catcher. Top end speed not ideal. Does not run with power. Not asked to pass protect much. Contributor at Top 20 program. NFL free agent type."

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Curious how Michel Dukes gets bumped all the way down to #6 RB?

247 says, 5-10/198#'s  "Ripped physique but could add 10+ pounds and play at 205. Highly productive. Quick feet and makes cuts without losing speed. Plus vision and patient. Comfortable between tackles. Can get to edge. Runs though arm tackles. A one-cut runner at line of scrimmage. Understands how to set up blocks. Runs balanced and without wasted movement." And then turn right around and, "Played against questionable competition. Unproven pass catcher. Top end speed not ideal. Does not run with power. Not asked to pass protect much. Contributor at Top 20 program. NFL free agent type."

Jaylen Johnson is like combining Horn and Battie into a 200Ib player. Kwan Powell is a BALLER, and buddy from Gonnella looks way faster. I feel Joiner is due for a breakout year. In H.S he had 1100 yards of rushing in the only three games he played that year.  I feel Dukes hits the portal again this year. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

Looking at that chart has me depressed . . . that doesn't look remotely like a good football team.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

What defensive scheme are we running 3 4 4 ?

Looked like a 2-1-2 zone last year🤪

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Looking at that chart has me depressed . . . that doesn't look remotely like a good football team.

This is an all-time comment after the last three seasons.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

37 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This is an all-time comment after the last three seasons.

I hear ya. It was a bad roster - but without Battie, Horn and Weaver, it now looks like . . . well, I have no idea. Knowing nothing about the new guys, that WR room looks particularly empty. And the defense? Whew . . . 

Gonna have to have A LOT of new faces do anything to compete with that roster.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I hear ya. It was a bad roster - but without Battie, Horn and Weaver, it now looks like . . . well, I have no idea. Knowing nothing about the new guys, that WR room looks particularly empty. And the defense? Whew . . . 

Gonna have to have A LOT of new faces do anything to compete with that roster.

I'm good with the offense. The defense is what worries me.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm good with the offense. The defense is what worries me.

I agree. The offense did fine last year down the stretch with a freshman QB, No Weaver and very little of Horn. Battie came into the season as a good KR but little stats in running back. I think there is enough talent on the offense side to be ok. Now the defense it’s another question.

Yes we can beef up some of the guys, but neither Williams nor Hobbs have had any snaps so who knows. Our returning players were not dominant in a four man line so if we go to three, is a lot of improvement needed to get some results.

Im still hoping that we add a few more big guys, the more options we have up front the better the odds.

Just like last year, I think our success or lack of will come down to the defense. Had we had an average one last year, we might had made a bowl game and Scott would be here.