• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

IMO in an ideal world, if we're running a 3-man front, neither Cheney, nor Bags, Williams or Hobbs, are the DT. Running a 3-man front typically needs bigger DEs, and aside from those 4 dudes I just mentioned, really only Eddie Kelly would be close to the ideal size for a DE in a 3-man front. Most of the DEs listed on the roster are under 250 lbs. Give me a big hoss at NT (like the Indiana transfer) and let Cheney, Kelly and others do their thing at DE

I understand what you're saying and in a perfect world I would like to have a guy like the Indiana transfer also.  We also may be selling the 2 guys that redshirted last year short.  We are all assuming they aren't any good.  They might be really good.  They have decent size at 290-295 pounds and can easily be beefed up to 300 by fall camp.  Let's hope these guys are studs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,450
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I understand what you're saying and in a perfect world I would like to have a guy like the Indiana transfer also.  We also may be selling the 2 guys that redshirted last year short.  We are all assuming they aren't any good.  They might be really good.  They have decent size at 290-295 pounds and can easily be beefed up to 300 by fall camp.  Let's hope these guys are studs.

Ideally that is true in a 3 3 5 I believe you want 3 near 300lb linemen so Kelly, cheney, and one more player up front  and 3 line backers .

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,117
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Weren't the two interior linemen we redshirted last year grayshirts? If so, they're both two years out of high school at this point and should be physically ready to go.

Answering my own question - yes, Jahlin Hobbs and Jacquez Williams have both been out of high school since 2020. If we don't see them on the field this fall, we never will.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Weren't the two interior linemen we redshirted last year grayshirts? If so, they're both two years out of high school at this point and should be physically ready to go.

I agree. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It would be risky to rely on the 2 guys who redshirted last year.; unless they are special (  will be assessed during Spring Practice). There is still plenty of time to get better quality though through the transfer portal. We have until after Spring practice. I went to the transfer portal pages on various websites, and there are plenty of great players still uncommitted.

What's the latest on the Indiana transfer; since that's exactly the type of player that we need. and if not him someone similar; someone with size, and who is proven.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

It would be risky to rely on the 2 guys who redshirted last year.; unless they are special (  will be assessed during Spring Practice). There is still plenty of time to get better quality though through the transfer portal. We have until after Spring practice. I went to the transfer portal pages on various websites, and there are plenty of great players still uncommitted.

What's the latest on the Indiana transfer; since that's exactly the type of player that we need. and if not him someone similar; someone with size, and who is proven.

I just noticed that he follows CKP. Hopefully Brett Kean & Ajou Ajou can hook him in for us lol 

image.png.80bdb79d1973aa61176ae424e3707b14.png

image.png.8f59af033154f13b06ec1b1013e9c2ca.png

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Schedule is a very weak one. We don't even play SMU, East Carolina, or Tulane this year. We have Rice, Temple, FAU, and Charlotte at home. Ideal for coach Golesh to get at least 4 to 5 wins this year. Don't like how in this new conference we don't play Tulane for 2 years.

Edited by belgianbull

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Schedule is a very weak one. We don't even play SMU, East Carolina, or Tulane. We have Rice, Temple, FAU, and Charlotte at home. Ideal for coach Golesh to get at least 4 to 5 wins next year.

I don't see why we can't make it to a bowl game next year. We have QB depth, Byrum Brown is a certified baller! With Gerry and the kid from CCS, we should be good either way on offense. I feel now that we "shed" certain players "Yates, Darian Grant, Sesse and Hardford" We can focus on the other DT/DEs that I feel will give better results. I definitely want to see Jonathan Ross and Eddie Kelly get more snaps. Let's throw the other DTs into the fire and see who survives. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

It would be risky to rely on the 2 guys who redshirted last year.

Isn't our future starting QB a redshirt freshman? ImI get it's different on the lines but don't count these guys out man.