• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just hope that a good HC and assistants will get much more out of what we have already. 

We saw good improvement with a Special Teams coach as the HC so can only hope CAG and company get way more.

Really hope we see us go heavy on transfers and juco on the defense to close out recruiting this year, cause how defense goes so will the team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree. The offense did fine last year down the stretch with a freshman QB, No Weaver and very little of Horn. Battie came into the season as a good KR but little stats in running back. I think there is enough talent on the offense side to be ok. Now the defense it’s another question.

Yes we can beef up some of the guys, but neither Williams nor Hobbs have had any snaps so who knows. Our returning players were not dominant in a four man line so if we go to three, is a lot of improvement needed to get some results.

Im still hoping that we add a few more big guys, the more options we have up front the better the odds.

Just like last year, I think our success or lack of will come down to the defense. Had we had an average one last year, we might had made a bowl game and Scott would be here.

Not much production coming back. What's funny is that Jonathan Ross had limited snaps this year and off the bench still #3 in sacks, QB hurries and # and tied for #6 in TFLs. I feel he definitely needs more playing time. 

SACKS                
  Player GP Solo ASST TOT Sacks-YDS TFL-YDS INT QBH
1 Vaughn, Jason 12 27 8 35 5.0-24 8.5-34 0 1
2 Hansford, Jatorian 10 10 9 19 2.5-12 5.0-17 0 0
3 Ross, Jonathan 10 7 2 9 2.0-11 3.0-13 0 1
4 Stokes, Jaelen 5 4 3 7 1.0-5 1.0-5 0 0
5 LaPointe, Mekhi 11 38 15 53 1.0-4 2.0-7 1 0
6 Boyles, Dwayne 12 71 42 113 1.0-3 10.0-17 1 2
7 Logan, Tramel 12 16 21 37 0.5-3 5.5-16 0 1
  TFL                
  Player GP Solo ASST TOT TFL-YDS Sacks-YDS INT QBH
1 Boyles, Dwayne 12 71 42 113 10.0-17 1.0-3 1  
2 Vaughn, Jason 12 27 8 35 8.5-34 5.0-24 0 1
3 Gordon IV, DJ 11 39 27 66 6.5-9 0-0 0 1
4 Logan, Tramel 12 16 21 37 5.5-16 0.5-3 0 1
5 Hansford, Jatorian 10 10 9 19 5.0-17 2.5-12 0 0
6 Cheney Jr., Rashad 6 5 11 16 3.0-5 0-0 0 1
7 Ross, Jonathan 10 7 2 9 3.0-13 2.0-11 0 1
8 Grant, Darrien 12 12 6 18 1.5-6 0-0 0 0
9 Kelly, Eddie 11 8 11 19 1.5-2 0-0 0 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I hear ya. It was a bad roster - but without Battie, Horn and Weaver, it now looks like . . . well, I have no idea. Knowing nothing about the new guys, that WR room looks particularly empty. And the defense? Whew . . . 

Gonna have to have A LOT of new faces do anything to compete with that roster.

I promise you that Jaylen Johnson (as long as he doesn't get injured) is going to wow you. He is like if you combined Horn and Battie into one 200Ib player. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

When horn and weaver were out last year, we couldn't move the ball through the air at all. The receivers behind those too aren't very good. We need most of the transfers to be studs or it's looking like 2-3 wins is the ceiling next year. This is definitely a multi year full rebuild. Temper expectations. 

Edited by Bullcocky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

When horn and weaver were out last year, we couldn't move the ball through the air at all. The receivers behind those too aren't very good. We need most of the transfers to be studs or it's looking like 2-3 wins is the ceiling next year. This is definitely a multi year full rebuild. Temper expectations. 

We can't afford a multi year rebuild. While I agree on next year; if Golesh is the one then I expect that in the next few months he will get in quality WR,OL and defensive  players through the transfer portal. I expect him to turn a few rabbits out of his head in recruiting which he hasn't been able to do so until now. A bowl game in year 2 is a minimum requirement. 

I agree on tempered expectations  for year 1, but not after that.

4 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

They were both out the last 2-3 games and we seem to have scored a lot of points. Hell Sean Atkins had **** near a 200 yd game. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Atkins had a 115 yards in the 2nd to last game.  We had little trouble scoring the last few games.  I'm not overly concerned with the offense

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Atkins had a 115 yards in the 2nd to last game.  We had little trouble scoring the last few games.  I'm not overly concerned with the offense

Exactly right. Weaver sat out last two games. 

The offense scored at will essentially, scoring 81 points in two games. 

Not worried. Have even a mediocre defense and USF wins 7 games next year. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Exactly right. Weaver sat out last two games. 

The offense scored at will essentially, scoring 81 points in two games. 

Not worried. Have even a mediocre defense and USF wins 7 games next year. 

And honestly that could be accomplished with even mediocre coaching.  I'm not sure I'm expecting 7 wins, but I get the general idea